Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Chat » Experiences




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Drivesure
 Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012, 08:58 
Offline
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
User avatar

Joined: 29 May 2007, 13:54
Posts: 49791
Location: Paarl...ex Durbs
Not much of an experience, but nevertheless here goes:

Rushed to Northpine from work last Friday, as Siraaj said he was leaving to mosque at 13h00. Got there at 12h40. He wasn't there but 1 of the workers helped me. Took both my spare key & original (original was worse than the spare). I was currently using my spare key.

The fob needed replacing on the spare, but the original didn't work. Wasn't sure if it was the battery or if the chip was buggered. Was there with the gf's Corsa so I couldn't test the remote out, The oke said he will test it inside quick.

Anyways, left there after +- 10mins. He replaced the fob of the spare key (R150) & told me I'll have to bring the Ute to re-program the chip to the computer box cos' the original key is damaged.

Good service, nice prices. Will update when I go there for the original key re-programming.

Didn't get to speak to Siraaj about the club & the talk he wanted to present at a hookup, Will do it if I see him when I go there again.

This is how it came out, only the front part was replaced though.

Image

_________________
Opel Club Cape Town Member


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drivesure
 Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012, 09:02 
Offline
Filter, Exhaust, Branch & Chip
Filter, Exhaust, Branch & Chip
User avatar

Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 10:04
Posts: 1106
Location: Athlone
not a bad price at all, heard a lot of good things about their company

_________________
Current
2008 Opel Corsa C UTE 1.4i
2x Pioneer Champion Series 10" DVC's
1x XTC 5000watt Monoblock
123db

2000 Opel Corsa B 1.4i

EX1997 VW Citi Golf (1.6i Polo Conversion)
1991 VW Citi Golf 1.3

Image
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drivesure
 Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012, 09:28 
Offline
Filter & Exhaust
Filter & Exhaust
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2010, 00:15
Posts: 282
So can I join OCCT?
All these discounts.... I need to get a spare key for the Fiesta :P

_________________
Image
2013 Polo GTI
ex: 2009 Fiesta ST190


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drivesure
 Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012, 10:03 
Offline
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
User avatar

Joined: 29 May 2007, 13:54
Posts: 49791
Location: Paarl...ex Durbs
There wasn't any discount. I paid normal price :)

_________________
Opel Club Cape Town Member


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drivesure
 Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012, 10:07 
Offline
Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE
Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE
User avatar

Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 09:43
Posts: 32589
Location: Supposedly I am in Cape Town
say Lugen sent u - maybe he's nice to u

_________________
'SOFAKENWAT'


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drivesure
 Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012, 10:08 
Offline
Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE
Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE
User avatar

Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 09:43
Posts: 32589
Location: Supposedly I am in Cape Town
CA - u might as well move to CPt with all the connections you are creating

_________________
'SOFAKENWAT'


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drivesure
 Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012, 10:13 
Offline
Filter & Exhaust
Filter & Exhaust
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2010, 00:15
Posts: 282
Hehe... I know it wasn't a discount... I am just saying ;)
I was quoted R800 ages ago for a new key, cut and coded, but I haven't got around to getting it sorted yet.
I think that is more very fair price, specially considering what the dealers want to charge me ;)

_________________
Image
2013 Polo GTI
ex: 2009 Fiesta ST190


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drivesure
 Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012, 10:22 
Offline
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
User avatar

Joined: 29 May 2007, 13:54
Posts: 49791
Location: Paarl...ex Durbs
:thumbup:

Great to have places like this. Will see what he charges me to fix / replace the original key's chip.

_________________
Opel Club Cape Town Member


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drivesure
 Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012, 13:20 
Offline
Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE
Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE
User avatar

Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 09:43
Posts: 32589
Location: Supposedly I am in Cape Town
skerp

_________________
'SOFAKENWAT'


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drivesure
 Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012, 11:12 
Offline
Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE
Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE
User avatar

Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 09:43
Posts: 32589
Location: Supposedly I am in Cape Town
contact info asb ?

_________________
'SOFAKENWAT'


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drivesure
 Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012, 11:15 
Offline
Turbocharged with NOS
Turbocharged with NOS
User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 10:49
Posts: 16181
Location: Detailing a ride
You coulda mention me for a discount lmao :) he's my uncle

_________________
Race car : 200is Turbo 200.3kw and 405nm :ecotec: KILLER :rebeltongue: .
Family Car : E39 BMW 540i Individual 4.4 V8 Avus Blue 217kw and 460nm Stock Standard .
ImageImage


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drivesure
 Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012, 11:17 
Offline
Cams, ITB's, Headjob, Management
Cams, ITB's, Headjob, Management
User avatar

Joined: 08 May 2007, 09:57
Posts: 2734
cool, my GF's fiesta also needs a new key

_________________
My Ride:
94 Kadett 200tS Under construction
07 Corsa UTE


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drivesure
 Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012, 11:20 
Offline
Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE
Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE
User avatar

Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 09:43
Posts: 32589
Location: Supposedly I am in Cape Town
dude - freaky - im trying to help get the info for somebody with a 99 fiesta hahaha

_________________
'SOFAKENWAT'


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drivesure
 Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012, 11:25 
Offline
Cams, ITB's, Headjob, Management
Cams, ITB's, Headjob, Management
User avatar

Joined: 08 May 2007, 09:57
Posts: 2734
Mr Lupini wrote:
dude - freaky - im trying to help get the info for somebody with a 99 fiesta hahaha


lol, nah she only got 1 key when she bought it

_________________
My Ride:
94 Kadett 200tS Under construction
07 Corsa UTE


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drivesure
 Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012, 11:45 
Offline
Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE
Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE
User avatar

Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 09:43
Posts: 32589
Location: Supposedly I am in Cape Town
shot Tauzty

_________________
'SOFAKENWAT'


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drivesure
 Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012, 13:15 
Offline
Filter, Exhaust, Branch & Chip
Filter, Exhaust, Branch & Chip
User avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2008, 11:48
Posts: 1305
Location: KaapstaD
I emailed for a quote, got a quick response with pricing, all my questions answered etc. Its nice when people are professional, he will definitely get my business.

_________________
Please MTV.. Pimp My Ride


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drivesure
 Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012, 17:07 
Offline
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
User avatar

Joined: 29 May 2007, 13:54
Posts: 49791
Location: Paarl...ex Durbs
I must remember to go back to him soon for my other key as well.

_________________
Opel Club Cape Town Member


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

Board index » General Chat » Experiences


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: