| Author |
Message |
|
kwaaikie
|
Posted: 02 Aug 2012, 11:49 |
|
 |
| Upgraded to a Flatbed Filter |
 |
 |
Joined: 01 Oct 2009, 13:32 Posts: 211 Location: Kuilsriver
|
I would just like to warn anyone considering going to them, to rather not. They are a bunch of scam artists and don`t know what they are doing. My brother-in-law(Cali love on forum)took his calibra to them 2months ago for them to redo a blown head gasket. Took them 2 weeks to get back to him and tell him head was cracked and they recommend he gets a new head. They will charge him for the complete job with labour R7500. Two more weeks go by and he collects car, but it sounds like a tractor. The "mechanic"tells him the motor has to be run in.  . This "mechanic" also didnt know what the motor code was on the car. They had been working on their diagnostics machine for a x18xe motor the whole time. He takes the car home,after having payed the complete amount. Drives the car no less than 5kms and water pipe bursts. He tows the car back to them and tells them to sort it out. They call him on the Monday and tell him that the car has a no oil pressure in the head. He argues with employees and management to get them to sort it out asap under guarantee. Well,long story short. They charged him for a new oil pump and labour after not having fixed his car properly and taking another couple of weeks. He payed for the new oil pump but not labour. We still had to tow the car away from their premises because the car doesnt fire on 1 and 4. I can elaborate more on this story, but I dont have enough time and space. Moral of this story, stay far away from Tobias motors and warn anybody in this area that wants to go there.
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
CoRsA FeVeR
|
Posted: 02 Aug 2012, 12:16 |
|
 |
| Filter, Exhaust, Branch & Chip |
 |
 |
Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 16:08 Posts: 1126 Location: Never in the same spot too long
|
They probably took the car for some joy rides after it was fixed and  it up again 
_________________  "Your entire education comes from classic car magazines and you dress like you're on a condom run for the mob."
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
TAUzty
|
Posted: 02 Aug 2012, 12:16 |
|
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 10:49 Posts: 16181 Location: Detailing a ride
|
 the motor industry I dont know that why is stick to man in yard or do it yourself.
_________________ Race car : 200is Turbo 200.3kw and 405nm KILLER  . Family Car : E39 BMW 540i Individual 4.4 V8 Avus Blue 217kw and 460nm Stock Standard .  
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
Corsa Addict
|
Posted: 02 Aug 2012, 12:18 |
|
Joined: 29 May 2007, 13:54 Posts: 49791 Location: Paarl...ex Durbs
|
yoh I've heard both good & bad stories about Tobias Never had personal experience with them though
_________________ Opel Club Cape Town Member
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
kwaaikie
|
Posted: 02 Aug 2012, 12:24 |
|
 |
| Upgraded to a Flatbed Filter |
 |
 |
Joined: 01 Oct 2009, 13:32 Posts: 211 Location: Kuilsriver
|
TAUzty wrote: :mzekezeke: the motor industry I dont know that why is stick to man in yard or do it yourself. Tru dat. We wouldve done it ourselves but didnt have the time and thought they would sort it out chop chop,seeing as they are DELTA SPECIALISTS.lmao Where is a good yard mechy in the kuila area tauz??
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
kwaaikie
|
Posted: 02 Aug 2012, 12:26 |
|
 |
| Upgraded to a Flatbed Filter |
 |
 |
Joined: 01 Oct 2009, 13:32 Posts: 211 Location: Kuilsriver
|
Corsa Addict wrote: yoh I've heard both good & bad stories about Tobias Never had personal experience with them though Trust me an experience with them will leave a bitter taste in your mouth. 
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
corsa1.4i
|
Posted: 02 Aug 2012, 12:35 |
|
 |
| Cruising with a Cone Filter |
 |
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 14:37 Posts: 23
|
|
ok i went to them after i asked you guys to recommend someone-and i am not happy with the service i got.as per my post-ive spend few thousands and now my car is worst.
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
TAUzty
|
Posted: 02 Aug 2012, 12:37 |
|
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 10:49 Posts: 16181 Location: Detailing a ride
|
kwaaikie wrote: TAUzty wrote: :mzekezeke: the motor industry I dont know that why is stick to man in yard or do it yourself. Tru dat. We wouldve done it ourselves but didnt have the time and thought they would sort it out chop chop,seeing as they are DELTA SPECIALISTS.lmao Where is a good yard mechy in the kuila area tauz?? In kuila I would Only recommend Elvin with the black supie he isnt a mechy but a VIP policeman but he loves cars and works very neat he currently rides a hayabusa and 200ie now. other guys I would say who is bloody good would be MR Luc aka pantera none of us ever complain and Anwar Svt in Maitland . 
_________________ Race car : 200is Turbo 200.3kw and 405nm KILLER  . Family Car : E39 BMW 540i Individual 4.4 V8 Avus Blue 217kw and 460nm Stock Standard .  
Last edited by TAUzty on 02 Aug 2012, 12:53, edited 1 time in total.
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
Corsa Addict
|
Posted: 02 Aug 2012, 12:39 |
|
Joined: 29 May 2007, 13:54 Posts: 49791 Location: Paarl...ex Durbs
|
corsa1.4i wrote: ok i went to them after i asked you guys to recommend someone-and i am not happy with the service i got.as per my post-ive spend few thousands and now my car is worst. I've heard that they good..ask Vauxoholic & WezGSI, hence me recommending them to you, on that thread of yours Sorry that you received poor service from them. I only recommended, but it was ultimately your choice at the end of the day Hope you come right soon
_________________ Opel Club Cape Town Member
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
Cors@boy
|
Posted: 02 Aug 2012, 12:40 |
|
 |
| Filter, Exhaust, Branch & Chip |
 |
 |
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:03 Posts: 1244 Location: Brackenfell / Paarl
|
Corsa Addict wrote: yoh I've heard both good & bad stories about Tobias Never had personal experience with them though me 2.. Plenty of people recommend them. I'm not a mechanic. But everything I ever fixed on my corsa is still fixed. The one time a mechanic fixed something on my corsa. It broke 2 months later. So I also try and do it myself cause other people don't care about your life or car.. Rather struggle and take forever but fix it correctly with care and learn something new Goodluck though.. Ma  ybe take it to KSD? or some one respectable on the forum
_________________ 
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
kwaaikie
|
Posted: 02 Aug 2012, 12:49 |
|
 |
| Upgraded to a Flatbed Filter |
 |
 |
Joined: 01 Oct 2009, 13:32 Posts: 211 Location: Kuilsriver
|
TAUzty wrote: kwaaikie wrote: TAUzty wrote: :mzekezeke: the motor industry I dont know that why is stick to man in yard or do it yourself. Tru dat. We wouldve done it ourselves but didnt have the time and thought they would sort it out chop chop,seeing as they are DELTA SPECIALISTS.lmao Where is a good yard mechy in the kuila area tauz?? In kuila I would Only recommend Elton with the black supie he isnt a mechy but a VIP policeman but he loves cars and works very neat he currently rides a hayabusa and 200ie now. other guys I would say who is bloody good would be MR Luc aka pantera none of us ever complain and Anwar Svt in Maitland .  Thanks Tauzty Is Elton on the forum? How do I get hold of him?
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
Garth
|
Posted: 02 Aug 2012, 12:54 |
|
 |
| Filter & Exhaust |
 |
Joined: 10 Sep 2009, 14:58 Posts: 265
|
|
Use to take my UTE their but don't anymore I once asked them to check the gearbox code on the UTE & they told me they can't find & this after they had the UTE for three days.
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
donny 8v
|
Posted: 02 Aug 2012, 13:00 |
|
 |
| Opel Club Cape Town Member |
 |
 |
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 14:48 Posts: 625 Location: Poor side of UPPER Kuils River
|
i was a regular at Tobias and cant say i had issues.. after mastercams messed up my motor Toby sorted my car and even gave me a payment plan.. yes i heard good and bad stories but for me i will go there again 
_________________ Opel Monza 2L 8v RIP(sold) Astra 2L IE 16V (sold) Current Ride I20 
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
Vauxoholic
|
Posted: 02 Aug 2012, 13:00 |
|
 |
| Filter, Exhaust, Branch & Chip |
 |
Joined: 13 Oct 2008, 21:09 Posts: 2076 Location: 5 on Speyer Silversands.........
|
|
I always say theres 2 sides too a story no matter how harse the 1 partys storie sounds!I must also ad that iv been with Toby for years now and had no major hassles with him.Im sure the invoice they gave u has a garentee on the job done,so its your rite to take the car back and have it 100% fixed!Making Tobias motors swak aint gonna solve anything bro!
_________________ *** S L S L ***
-Courier services-
-Head Light refurbishment - Contact -Shawn 0604261356
******* RIDES *******
04 - Opel Astra Coupe 12 - Nissan NP200 ____________ (Workhorse)
****** Wir Leben Autos ******
Last edited by Vauxoholic on 02 Aug 2012, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
Vauxoholic
|
Posted: 02 Aug 2012, 13:04 |
|
 |
| Filter, Exhaust, Branch & Chip |
 |
Joined: 13 Oct 2008, 21:09 Posts: 2076 Location: 5 on Speyer Silversands.........
|
TAUzty wrote: kwaaikie wrote: TAUzty wrote: :mzekezeke: the motor industry I dont know that why is stick to man in yard or do it yourself. Tru dat. We wouldve done it ourselves but didnt have the time and thought they would sort it out chop chop,seeing as they are DELTA SPECIALISTS.lmao Where is a good yard mechy in the kuila area tauz?? In kuila I would Only recommend Elvin with the black supie he isnt a mechy but a VIP policeman but he loves cars and works very neat he currently rides a hayabusa and 200ie now. other guys I would say who is bloody good would be MR Luc aka pantera none of us ever complain and Anwar Svt in Maitland .  AI,some things will never change!
_________________ *** S L S L ***
-Courier services-
-Head Light refurbishment - Contact -Shawn 0604261356
******* RIDES *******
04 - Opel Astra Coupe 12 - Nissan NP200 ____________ (Workhorse)
****** Wir Leben Autos ******
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
TAUzty
|
Posted: 02 Aug 2012, 13:09 |
|
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 10:49 Posts: 16181 Location: Detailing a ride
|
|
@ vaux Im not dissing tobais you can actaully call him I sent my bosse's corsa to them no issues .
I just recommended some other guys who can assist the guy ,no pun intended
_________________ Race car : 200is Turbo 200.3kw and 405nm KILLER  . Family Car : E39 BMW 540i Individual 4.4 V8 Avus Blue 217kw and 460nm Stock Standard .  
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
corsa1.4i
|
Posted: 02 Aug 2012, 13:12 |
|
 |
| Cruising with a Cone Filter |
 |
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 14:37 Posts: 23
|
Corsa Addict wrote: corsa1.4i wrote: ok i went to them after i asked you guys to recommend someone-and i am not happy with the service i got.as per my post-ive spend few thousands and now my car is worst. I've heard that they good..ask Vauxoholic & WezGSI, hence me recommending them to you, on that thread of yours Sorry that you received poor service from them. I only recommended, but it was ultimately your choice at the end of the day Hope you come right soon it all good-not your fault
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
Vauxoholic
|
Posted: 02 Aug 2012, 13:18 |
|
 |
| Filter, Exhaust, Branch & Chip |
 |
Joined: 13 Oct 2008, 21:09 Posts: 2076 Location: 5 on Speyer Silversands.........
|
TAUzty wrote: @ vaux Im not dissing tobais you can actaully call him I sent my bosse's corsa to them no issues .
I just recommended some other guys who can assist the guy ,no pun intended Ya sure!
_________________ *** S L S L ***
-Courier services-
-Head Light refurbishment - Contact -Shawn 0604261356
******* RIDES *******
04 - Opel Astra Coupe 12 - Nissan NP200 ____________ (Workhorse)
****** Wir Leben Autos ******
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
Corsa Addict
|
Posted: 02 Aug 2012, 13:31 |
|
Joined: 29 May 2007, 13:54 Posts: 49791 Location: Paarl...ex Durbs
|
corsa1.4i wrote: Corsa Addict wrote: corsa1.4i wrote: ok i went to them after i asked you guys to recommend someone-and i am not happy with the service i got.as per my post-ive spend few thousands and now my car is worst. I've heard that they good..ask Vauxoholic & WezGSI, hence me recommending them to you, on that thread of yours Sorry that you received poor service from them. I only recommended, but it was ultimately your choice at the end of the day Hope you come right soon it all good-not your fault 
_________________ Opel Club Cape Town Member
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
kwaaikie
|
Posted: 02 Aug 2012, 13:54 |
|
 |
| Upgraded to a Flatbed Filter |
 |
 |
Joined: 01 Oct 2009, 13:32 Posts: 211 Location: Kuilsriver
|
Vauxoholic wrote: I always say theres 2 sides too a story no matter how harse the 1 partys storie sounds!I must also ad that iv been with Toby for years now and had no major hassles with him.Im sure the invoice they gave u has a garentee on the job done,so its your rite to take the car back and have it 100% fixed!Making Tobias motors swak aint gonna solve anything bro! Of course there is 2 sides to every story. Thats a given. I actually took my monza to them and sorted it out very nicely. Which is why the calibra went there. I am not trying to make a toby swak at all, but as this section is called experiences bad or good. I think I am well within my rights to air my views. I am just sharing the experience I had with them and what adds insult to injury is when people are unwilling to help and try to pass the buck. Toby actually asked us to give him some time as he was getting personally involved in the repair because previously it was someone else working on the car. So we did but nothing came of it and at the end of it all,R9000 later. We have a calibra that doesnt want to start properly or idle. 
|
|
 |
|
 |
|