| Author |
Message |
|
Kalu
|
Posted: 16 Jun 2012, 16:01 |
|
Joined: 12 Oct 2008, 12:50 Posts: 914
|
|
So I got a Vodafone Smart tab 10 from them on Sunday 10 June 2012 and by Tuesday 12 June 2012 it was broken...
I got it from them as an upgrade as my phone is still perfect so I decided to take a tablet instead. Took the Vodafone Smart Tab as I wasnt going to be using it for business or anything and it was the cheapest so I didnt want to pay in thousands for something I might use once a week.
So anyway, I got home, played with it till the battery died, charged it for 14 hours, turned it on again, played with it for about and hour then switched it off. Then the next day I tried to switch it on and NOTHING! The light didnt even come on when I put the charger in.
Took it back to Vodacom Cape Gate on Wednesday, they said they'll call me within 2 days. Friday afternoon came and I called them, they said they would call back in 10minutes, 2 hours passed and I called them again, then they said they need my serial number so I gave it to them and they said they'd call me 1st thing saturday morning, so saturday morning 11am I give them a call, then they tell me they need to contact head office and they can only tell me whats wrong with it on Monday!
So I had the Tab for 2 days, they've had it for 4 days, and now they want to tell me they'll only let me know whats happening 2 days after that! And I had to call them 3 times to see what was going on.
If I could I would reverse the whole deal and just get a phone to sell on gumtree but now they say they can only exchange it for the same make and model if its broken, or if its not broken then they'll do a software upgrade and see from there.
Oh and in-store service is also pathetic, they all very uninterested in what they doing or what the customers are asking them, its like everything they do is like they doing you a big favour.
_________________ 2005 Honda Accord Type S - K24A3 - 122WKW 200Nm @ JDM Worx 1997 Corsa B X20XEV EX - 2003 Ph3.5 Astra Coupe - 210KW 437Nm - 17/02/2011 @ KSD
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
carlgsi
|
Posted: 16 Jun 2012, 18:13 |
|
Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 15:30 Posts: 910
|
|
Its probably the drivers that went out. Happened to my galaxy tab as well.
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
opel!60is
|
Posted: 16 Jun 2012, 18:24 |
|
 |
| Filter, Exhaust & Branch |
 |
Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 18:44 Posts: 523
|
|
shouldnt you get a brand new one within 7 days?
_________________ 1997 sentra sr20ve
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
Gouraami
|
Posted: 16 Jun 2012, 19:15 |
|
 |
| Filter, Exhaust, Branch & Chip |
 |
 |
Joined: 16 Aug 2008, 19:30 Posts: 2149
|
|
Service at any shop at Cape gate is pathetic.
I have been there 3 times since it has opened. The last time was easily more than 3 years ago, I do not plan to ever return.
Everybody complains about the place yet people still go there.
I agree with opel!60is, isn't there a 7 day exchange warranty?
_________________ 1996 200is 312000km,272 Kent cam,4-1branch, 57mm Powerflow exhaust, fully balanced bottom end, DIY ported Short Shift mod
Complete with - cracked windscreen, fading boot spoiler + bumpers, melted fusebox, incorrect grill, no headliner,cracked front disks, warped rear, 1X buckled and scraped mag 2X buckled
Gomoto GT125 71000km, 7kw of frame bending power :-) Still the most reliable vehicle I have owned
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
Kalu
|
Posted: 16 Jun 2012, 22:26 |
|
Joined: 12 Oct 2008, 12:50 Posts: 914
|
|
Yes theres a 7 day OBF (Out of Box Failure) then they will exchange for a new unit but they say they must first open it up and make sure I didnt drop it in water or load it full of viruses or some rubbish. They'll make any excuse not to stick to their policy.
I see there are other complaints about them on Hello Peter.
_________________ 2005 Honda Accord Type S - K24A3 - 122WKW 200Nm @ JDM Worx 1997 Corsa B X20XEV EX - 2003 Ph3.5 Astra Coupe - 210KW 437Nm - 17/02/2011 @ KSD
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
Mr Lupini
|
Posted: 18 Jun 2012, 07:45 |
|
 |
| Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE |
 |
 |
Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 09:43 Posts: 32589 Location: Supposedly I am in Cape Town
|
|
complain dude complain - hello peter , mail vodacom cust care etc etc
thats my stance these days - if im unhappy i interrogate whatever manager's there and come back a few days later and if somebody else on duty give them the same k@k
_________________ 'SOFAKENWAT'
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
Mr Lupini
|
Posted: 18 Jun 2012, 07:46 |
|
 |
| Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE |
 |
 |
Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 09:43 Posts: 32589 Location: Supposedly I am in Cape Town
|
|
druk it on vodacom's twitter and FB streams dude
_________________ 'SOFAKENWAT'
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
8 Valves of glory
|
Posted: 18 Jun 2012, 11:54 |
|
 |
| Cams, ITB's, Headjob, Management |
 |
 |
Joined: 18 Jul 2008, 12:15 Posts: 3914 Location: Lost
|
|
just send it to Lupi man.
like lupi said complain complain and complain. call customer care and let them log a service request, hello peter, fb all over.
i used to work for vodacom. if you hello peter with the name of the person that helped you then you get a quick response. once someone put my name on hello peter and within minutes i was notified. lucky for me the call was recorded and i did nothing wrong lol
_________________ Current: 98 Ballade 180i EX: Monza CD16V Ex: GSI Boss 8 valve
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
crispy boss
|
Posted: 18 Jun 2012, 12:26 |
|
 |
| Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE |
 |
Joined: 17 Mar 2007, 21:10 Posts: 19329
|
|
service at most cell phone shops is SHOCKING
_________________ Current: '13 Alfa Romeo MiTO Quadrifoglio Verde Sport 125kw 250nm Dont take life so seriously
Swedish House Mafia- Greyhound
Ex: '12 Fiat Bravo Sport 110kw 235nm '11 Kia Koup 122kw 203nm '08 Daihatsu Sirion Sport 1.5 VVTi '02 Euro Opel Corsa 160is '85 Opel GSI 2 door Boss
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
Natrix
|
Posted: 18 Jun 2012, 14:35 |
|
Joined: 21 Jul 2010, 10:45 Posts: 455
|
|
Consumer protection act say RRR "Replace Repair or Refund" its up to the consumer what he wants. Make sure you put it on Hello Peter you will get a response from them very very quickly. To many people get away with giving others sh!t service. Its not like they doing you a favour they get paid to do there damn work
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
Kalu
|
Posted: 18 Jun 2012, 18:21 |
|
Joined: 12 Oct 2008, 12:50 Posts: 914
|
|
Update - I called them AGAIN now after they promised me that they would let me know on Monday. Now they first said they havent heard anything yet, then she says she got a email saying the exchange was rejected and they are now sending the tablet back to the technical and they'll let me know tomorrow.
I'll see what they say tomorrow and if I dont like their answer I will let all hell break lose on these idiots...
_________________ 2005 Honda Accord Type S - K24A3 - 122WKW 200Nm @ JDM Worx 1997 Corsa B X20XEV EX - 2003 Ph3.5 Astra Coupe - 210KW 437Nm - 17/02/2011 @ KSD
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
8 Valves of glory
|
Posted: 19 Jun 2012, 09:07 |
|
 |
| Cams, ITB's, Headjob, Management |
 |
 |
Joined: 18 Jul 2008, 12:15 Posts: 3914 Location: Lost
|
|
Hello Peter!!!!
demand a new one. i wouldn't take a repaired product if they had to repair it 2 days after purchase.
_________________ Current: 98 Ballade 180i EX: Monza CD16V Ex: GSI Boss 8 valve
|
|
 |
|
 |
|