| Author |
Message |
|
EvanTate
|
Posted: 17 Jan 2012, 05:21 |
|
Joined: 08 Nov 2011, 11:30 Posts: 591 Location: Milnerton
|
Lol here I go having a wierd day again. Luckily it's not too bad this time... So we towed my car through to Stikland on Saturday to sort the motor out. After about 2hrs we finaly get there. Sunday goes by with no drama. But, today we overslept,had no transport to get parts (gaskets, head bolts etc.) so I phone Masterparts and they deliver. They send head bolts I don't have a spline for, and the cork sump gasket I cant use the splash tray with. So whatever I use old head bolts (tighten more) and old sump gasket with some red devil. Get the head on nicely etc, torque it, now putting the exhaust manifold back on, I was adjusting it at the bottom by the flange under the car, when the pallet jack the car was on suddenly rolled away. Unfortunately the handbrake was on and the car didnt go with... It came down. Even more unfortunately, I was still underneath. The right hand side cross member hit me on the forehead and split the skin open wuite bad. Didn't even cut me, just popped the skin. My head was also lifted to see, so it got smacked against the concrete ground under me too... SO now my heads sore on both sides 10 stitches in front, and a moerse knop on the back...  I'll post a pic when I get them on FB. Now, when we put the motor in, we lost control of the same pallet jack on a hill while usiung it to lower the motor in. It hit the car and put a nice line in my right fender... So what I'm thinking is this, my car just got me back for hurting her? Tipise vrou mens joh... Now I look like Harry Potter... 
_________________ . .|==============| .............|| .=OO SKYLINE OO
Current: Opel Kadett GSi 2l 8v Suzuki KZ650
Ex: Toyota Corolla 160i GL 16v Opel Kadett Baby Boss GSi 2l 8v Opel Astra F 2l 8v R30 Nissan Skyline 2.8 GTX Honda VFR400 NC24 GSXR750R Presling BMW E30 2-door 323i
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
Klonkie
|
Posted: 17 Jan 2012, 07:07 |
|
 |
| Opel Club Cape Town Member |
 |
Joined: 23 Jan 2008, 15:51 Posts: 3972
|
Haai Shame .. jare ... sorry ... but ... ROFL! 
_________________ 2007 Opel Corsa Utility 1.4 2022 Toyota Corolla HB 1.2T 2024 Toyota C-HR 1.2T
Exes: 2015 Ford Ecosport 1.5 2014 Ford Focus ST 2.0T 2014 Opel Corsa OPC Nürburgring 1.6T 2005 Opel Corsa OPC 1.6T 2008 Volkswagen Golf GTi 2.0T 2005 Ford Territory TX 4.0 2004 Citroën C2 VTR 1.4 2001 Ford Fiesta Zetec-S 1.6 1998 Kia Sportage 2.0 1995 Fiat Uno Beat 1.4
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
Boef_73
|
Posted: 17 Jan 2012, 07:30 |
|
 |
| Opel Club Cape Town ROAD CAPTAIN |
 |
Joined: 13 Jan 2012, 11:35 Posts: 36 Location: Cape Town
|
Eish guy - sound like a Mr. Bean episode - rather go back to the "old toppie" style and use a bokkie-stand, hope you get well soon - although you sound in good spirit. May I ask what you did to your lady...that she's attacking you? Cheers Boef_73 
_________________ Cheers
The Boef
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
crispy boss
|
Posted: 17 Jan 2012, 07:33 |
|
 |
| Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE |
 |
Joined: 17 Mar 2007, 21:10 Posts: 19329
|
hahahahahahahahhahaha BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAH... vtec laugh, 
_________________ Current: '13 Alfa Romeo MiTO Quadrifoglio Verde Sport 125kw 250nm Dont take life so seriously
Swedish House Mafia- Greyhound
Ex: '12 Fiat Bravo Sport 110kw 235nm '11 Kia Koup 122kw 203nm '08 Daihatsu Sirion Sport 1.5 VVTi '02 Euro Opel Corsa 160is '85 Opel GSI 2 door Boss
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
Mr Lupini
|
Posted: 17 Jan 2012, 07:52 |
|
 |
| Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE |
 |
 |
Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 09:43 Posts: 32589 Location: Supposedly I am in Cape Town
|
|
u realise old headbolts are a no!! no !!
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
WezGSI
|
Posted: 17 Jan 2012, 07:54 |
|
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 12:46 Posts: 5458 Location: kuilsriver
|
BOL!!  eish guy....lol
_________________ Opel Club Cape Town Chairman My Ridez Opel Kadett Superboss  16vS 20 XEToyota Prado 3.4 V6 VXHyundai Getz R Open-filter-box 16 vEx Ridez 2000 Opel Corsa B  1.8 16v  conversion 1991 Opel Cub 1.6i 8v c16ne conversion 
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
DevinC
|
Posted: 17 Jan 2012, 10:13 |
|
 |
| Filter, Exhaust & Branch |
 |
Joined: 30 Oct 2011, 19:08 Posts: 663 Location: Edgemead, CPT
|
Axel stands save lives Looks like your car wants a piece of you.. 
_________________ Current: '03 Golf Mk4 GTi Ex: '97 Golf Mk3 GTS 1.8i - SlowBlob Ex: '93 Opel Kadett 1.4 + 36DCD - Popcorn Machine
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
EvanTate
|
Posted: 18 Jan 2012, 02:56 |
|
Joined: 08 Nov 2011, 11:30 Posts: 591 Location: Milnerton
|
Boef_73 wrote: Eish guy - sound like a Mr. Bean episode - rather go back to the "old toppie" style and use a bokkie-stand, hope you get well soon - although you sound in good spirit. May I ask what you did to your lady...that she's attacking you? Cheers Boef_73  Lol guess she was just PMSing. Would explain the leaks Mr Lupini wrote: u realise old headbolts are a no!! no !! Lol I got new ones, but don't have the spline socket to use them. Using my old 19mm hex is fine, I added a spring washer to each bolt and torque them 30nm, 90deg, 90deg, warmup, drive, race, burnout, doughnuts, change crank seal, oh sh!te another 90deg... And no problems with head or head gasket. DevinC wrote: Axel stands save lives Looks like your car wants a piece of you..  Last time I used an axel stand on my Toy it fell over into me while changing the wheel... 
_________________ . .|==============| .............|| .=OO SKYLINE OO
Current: Opel Kadett GSi 2l 8v Suzuki KZ650
Ex: Toyota Corolla 160i GL 16v Opel Kadett Baby Boss GSi 2l 8v Opel Astra F 2l 8v R30 Nissan Skyline 2.8 GTX Honda VFR400 NC24 GSXR750R Presling BMW E30 2-door 323i
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
Klonkie
|
Posted: 18 Jan 2012, 07:02 |
|
 |
| Opel Club Cape Town Member |
 |
Joined: 23 Jan 2008, 15:51 Posts: 3972
|
Eina! Hope they gave you some good drugs! 
_________________ 2007 Opel Corsa Utility 1.4 2022 Toyota Corolla HB 1.2T 2024 Toyota C-HR 1.2T
Exes: 2015 Ford Ecosport 1.5 2014 Ford Focus ST 2.0T 2014 Opel Corsa OPC Nürburgring 1.6T 2005 Opel Corsa OPC 1.6T 2008 Volkswagen Golf GTi 2.0T 2005 Ford Territory TX 4.0 2004 Citroën C2 VTR 1.4 2001 Ford Fiesta Zetec-S 1.6 1998 Kia Sportage 2.0 1995 Fiat Uno Beat 1.4
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
Corsa Addict
|
Posted: 18 Jan 2012, 07:41 |
|
Joined: 29 May 2007, 13:54 Posts: 49791 Location: Paarl...ex Durbs
|
Klonkie wrote: Eina! Hope they gave you some good drugs!  From that pic, he ALREADY looks drugged up!  No offence 
_________________ Opel Club Cape Town Member
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
Mr Lupini
|
Posted: 18 Jan 2012, 10:34 |
|
 |
| Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE |
 |
 |
Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 09:43 Posts: 32589 Location: Supposedly I am in Cape Town
|
|
that dr stiched u up nasty - luckily the one that did my fingers was into habedatiary /crafting
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
Klonkie
|
Posted: 18 Jan 2012, 10:41 |
|
 |
| Opel Club Cape Town Member |
 |
Joined: 23 Jan 2008, 15:51 Posts: 3972
|
Mr Lupini wrote: that dr stiched u up nasty - luckily the one that did my fingers was into habedatiary /crafting Was probably military trained ... can do 20 stitches under 57 seconds with bombs being dropped around him *haberdashery 
_________________ 2007 Opel Corsa Utility 1.4 2022 Toyota Corolla HB 1.2T 2024 Toyota C-HR 1.2T
Exes: 2015 Ford Ecosport 1.5 2014 Ford Focus ST 2.0T 2014 Opel Corsa OPC Nürburgring 1.6T 2005 Opel Corsa OPC 1.6T 2008 Volkswagen Golf GTi 2.0T 2005 Ford Territory TX 4.0 2004 Citroën C2 VTR 1.4 2001 Ford Fiesta Zetec-S 1.6 1998 Kia Sportage 2.0 1995 Fiat Uno Beat 1.4
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
Mr Lupini
|
Posted: 18 Jan 2012, 11:06 |
|
 |
| Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE |
 |
 |
Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 09:43 Posts: 32589 Location: Supposedly I am in Cape Town
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
DevinC
|
Posted: 18 Jan 2012, 11:11 |
|
 |
| Filter, Exhaust & Branch |
 |
Joined: 30 Oct 2011, 19:08 Posts: 663 Location: Edgemead, CPT
|
EvanTate wrote: Last time I used an axel stand on my Toy it fell over into me while changing the wheel... Looks like your cars dont want you touching them anymore, next they will fall off a car lift.. 
_________________ Current: '03 Golf Mk4 GTi Ex: '97 Golf Mk3 GTS 1.8i - SlowBlob Ex: '93 Opel Kadett 1.4 + 36DCD - Popcorn Machine
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
Cors@boy
|
Posted: 18 Jan 2012, 11:49 |
|
 |
| Filter, Exhaust, Branch & Chip |
 |
 |
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:03 Posts: 1244 Location: Brackenfell / Paarl
|
Yoh eina.. Sorry to hear about the drama. but if you lift the car on level ground stuff like that wouldnt happen.. i always put a brick behind and infront the wheels and use two axle stands.... or if I only have my jacks then I'll put my sparewheel and tyres underneath just in case  .. goodluck
_________________ 
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
L3b
|
Posted: 18 Jan 2012, 12:38 |
|
 |
| Upgraded to a Flatbed Filter |
 |
Joined: 20 Nov 2011, 18:40 Posts: 122 Location: Back of Flat bed
|
EvanTate wrote: Lol here I go having a wierd day again. Luckily it's not too bad this time... So we towed my car through to Stikland on Saturday to sort the motor out. After about 2hrs we finaly get there. Sunday goes by with no drama. But, today we overslept,had no transport to get parts (gaskets, head bolts etc.) so I phone Masterparts and they deliver. They send head bolts I don't have a spline for, and the cork sump gasket I cant use the splash tray with. So whatever I use old head bolts (tighten more) and old sump gasket with some red devil. Get the head on nicely etc, torque it, now putting the exhaust manifold back on, I was adjusting it at the bottom by the flange under the car, when the pallet jack the car was on suddenly rolled away. Unfortunately the handbrake was on and the car didnt go with... It came down. Even more unfortunately, I was still underneath. The right hand side cross member hit me on the forehead and split the skin open wuite bad. Didn't even cut me, just popped the skin. My head was also lifted to see, so it got smacked against the concrete ground under me too... SO now my heads sore on both sides 10 stitches in front, and a moerse knop on the back...  I'll post a pic when I get them on FB. Now, when we put the motor in, we lost control of the same pallet jack on a hill while usiung it to lower the motor in. It hit the car and put a nice line in my right fender... So what I'm thinking is this, my car just got me back for hurting her? Tipise vrou mens joh... Now I look like Harry Potter...  Haha  Sorry bud that was funny, i know what its like to be constantly beaten up by your car, its not very fun at the time, but you make it sound so Comical 
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
L3b
|
Posted: 18 Jan 2012, 12:40 |
|
 |
| Upgraded to a Flatbed Filter |
 |
Joined: 20 Nov 2011, 18:40 Posts: 122 Location: Back of Flat bed
|
EvanTate wrote: Boef_73 wrote: Eish guy - sound like a Mr. Bean episode - rather go back to the "old toppie" style and use a bokkie-stand, hope you get well soon - although you sound in good spirit. May I ask what you did to your lady...that she's attacking you? Cheers Boef_73  Lol guess she was just PMSing. Would explain the leaks Mr Lupini wrote: u realise old headbolts are a no!! no !! Lol I got new ones, but don't have the spline socket to use them. Using my old 19mm hex is fine, I added a spring washer to each bolt and torque them 30nm, 90deg, 90deg, warmup, drive, race, burnout, doughnuts, change crank seal, oh sh!te another 90deg... And no problems with head or head gasket. DevinC wrote: Axel stands save lives Looks like your car wants a piece of you..  Last time I used an axel stand on my Toy it fell over into me while changing the wheel...   EINA!!!!! WoW! She RealLy wants a piece of you 
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
Mischif
|
Posted: 18 Jan 2012, 15:26 |
|
 |
| Opel Club Cape Town Member |
 |
 |
Joined: 08 Apr 2008, 19:00 Posts: 7111 Location: Under ur mamma
|
|
Here i thought combat sport was dangerous, lol
_________________ U812
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
Abomanation
|
Posted: 18 Jan 2012, 19:53 |
|
 |
| Cruising with a Cone Filter |
 |
Joined: 14 Apr 2011, 17:17 Posts: 46
|
Cors@boy wrote: Yoh eina.. Sorry to hear about the drama. but if you lift the car on level ground stuff like that wouldnt happen.. i always put a brick behind and infront the wheels and use two axle stands.... or if I only have my jacks then I'll put my sparewheel and tyres underneath just in case  .. goodluck  wat he sed BRICKS BUDDY n SPAREWHEEL
|
|
 |
|
 |
|