Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Chat » Experiences




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: My car hits back...
 Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012, 05:21 
Offline
Filter, Exhaust & Branch
Filter, Exhaust & Branch
User avatar

Joined: 08 Nov 2011, 11:30
Posts: 591
Location: Milnerton
Lol here I go having a wierd day again. Luckily it's not too bad this time...

So we towed my car through to Stikland on Saturday to sort the motor out. After about 2hrs we finaly get there. Sunday goes by with no drama. But, today we overslept,had no transport to get parts (gaskets, head bolts etc.) so I phone Masterparts and they deliver. They send head bolts I don't have a spline for, and the cork sump gasket I cant use the splash tray with. So whatever I use old head bolts (tighten more) and old sump gasket with some red devil. Get the head on nicely etc, torque it, now putting the exhaust manifold back on, I was adjusting it at the bottom by the flange under the car, when the pallet jack the car was on suddenly rolled away. Unfortunately the handbrake was on and the car didnt go with... It came down. Even more unfortunately, I was still underneath. The right hand side cross member hit me on the forehead and split the skin open wuite bad. Didn't even cut me, just popped the skin. My head was also lifted to see, so it got smacked against the concrete ground under me too... SO now my heads sore on both sides :fight:

10 stitches in front, and a moerse knop on the back... :doh: I'll post a pic when I get them on FB.

Now, when we put the motor in, we lost control of the same pallet jack on a hill while usiung it to lower the motor in. It hit the car and put a nice line in my right fender... So what I'm thinking is this, my car just got me back for hurting her? Tipise vrou mens joh... :eh:

Now I look like Harry Potter... :mzekezeke:

_________________
.
.|==============|
.............||
.=OO SKYLINE OO

Current:
Opel Kadett GSi 2l 8v
Suzuki KZ650

Ex:
Toyota Corolla 160i GL 16v
Opel Kadett Baby Boss GSi 2l 8v
Opel Astra F 2l 8v
R30 Nissan Skyline 2.8 GTX
Honda VFR400 NC24
GSXR750R Presling
BMW E30 2-door 323i


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My car hits back...
 Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012, 07:07 
Offline
Opel Club Cape Town Member
Opel Club Cape Town Member

Joined: 23 Jan 2008, 15:51
Posts: 3972
Haai Shame .. jare ... sorry ... but ... ROFL!

:claugh: :lol:

_________________
2007 Opel Corsa Utility 1.4
2022 Toyota Corolla HB 1.2T
2024 Toyota C-HR 1.2T

Exes:
2015 Ford Ecosport 1.5
2014 Ford Focus ST 2.0T
2014 Opel Corsa OPC Nürburgring 1.6T
2005 Opel Corsa OPC 1.6T
2008 Volkswagen Golf GTi 2.0T
2005 Ford Territory TX 4.0
2004 Citroën C2 VTR 1.4
2001 Ford Fiesta Zetec-S 1.6
1998 Kia Sportage 2.0
1995 Fiat Uno Beat 1.4


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My car hits back...
 Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012, 07:30 
Offline
Opel Club Cape Town ROAD CAPTAIN
Opel Club Cape Town ROAD CAPTAIN

Joined: 13 Jan 2012, 11:35
Posts: 36
Location: Cape Town
Eish guy - sound like a Mr. Bean episode - rather go back to the "old toppie" style and use a bokkie-stand, hope you get well soon - although you sound in good spirit.

May I ask what you did to your lady...that she's attacking you?

Cheers

Boef_73 :bites:

_________________
Cheers

The Boef


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My car hits back...
 Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012, 07:33 
Offline
Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE
Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE

Joined: 17 Mar 2007, 21:10
Posts: 19329
hahahahahahahahhahaha BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAH...

vtec laugh, :lol:

_________________
Current:
'13 Alfa Romeo MiTO Quadrifoglio Verde Sport 125kw 250nm
Dont take life so seriously

Swedish House Mafia- Greyhound

Ex:
'12 Fiat Bravo Sport 110kw 235nm
'11 Kia Koup 122kw 203nm
'08 Daihatsu Sirion Sport 1.5 VVTi
'02 Euro Opel Corsa 160is
'85 Opel GSI 2 door Boss


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My car hits back...
 Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012, 07:52 
Offline
Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE
Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE
User avatar

Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 09:43
Posts: 32589
Location: Supposedly I am in Cape Town
u realise old headbolts are a no!! no !!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My car hits back...
 Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012, 07:54 
Offline
Turbocharged
Turbocharged
User avatar

Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 12:46
Posts: 5458
Location: kuilsriver
BOL!! :drink: eish guy....lol

_________________
Opel Club Cape Town Chairman
My Ridez
Opel Kadett Superboss Image 16vS 20XE
Toyota Prado 3.4 V6 VX
Hyundai GetzR Open-filter-box 16v
Ex Ridez
2000 Opel Corsa B Image 1.8 16v Image conversion
1991 Opel Cub 1.6i 8v c16ne conversion

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My car hits back...
 Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012, 10:13 
Offline
Filter, Exhaust & Branch
Filter, Exhaust & Branch

Joined: 30 Oct 2011, 19:08
Posts: 663
Location: Edgemead, CPT
Axel stands save lives :fight2:
Looks like your car wants a piece of you.. :owned:

_________________
Current: '03 Golf Mk4 GTi
Ex: '97 Golf Mk3 GTS 1.8i - SlowBlob
Ex: '93 Opel Kadett 1.4 + 36DCD - Popcorn Machine


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My car hits back...
 Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012, 02:56 
Offline
Filter, Exhaust & Branch
Filter, Exhaust & Branch
User avatar

Joined: 08 Nov 2011, 11:30
Posts: 591
Location: Milnerton
Boef_73 wrote:
Eish guy - sound like a Mr. Bean episode - rather go back to the "old toppie" style and use a bokkie-stand, hope you get well soon - although you sound in good spirit.

May I ask what you did to your lady...that she's attacking you?

Cheers

Boef_73 :bites:


Lol guess she was just PMSing. Would explain the leaks :claugh:

Mr Lupini wrote:
u realise old headbolts are a no!! no !!


Lol I got new ones, but don't have the spline socket to use them. Using my old 19mm hex is fine, I added a spring washer to each bolt and torque them 30nm, 90deg, 90deg, warmup, drive, race, burnout, doughnuts, change crank seal, oh sh!te another 90deg... And no problems with head or head gasket.

DevinC wrote:
Axel stands save lives :fight2:
Looks like your car wants a piece of you.. :owned:


Last time I used an axel stand on my Toy it fell over into me while changing the wheel... :wack:

Image

_________________
.
.|==============|
.............||
.=OO SKYLINE OO

Current:
Opel Kadett GSi 2l 8v
Suzuki KZ650

Ex:
Toyota Corolla 160i GL 16v
Opel Kadett Baby Boss GSi 2l 8v
Opel Astra F 2l 8v
R30 Nissan Skyline 2.8 GTX
Honda VFR400 NC24
GSXR750R Presling
BMW E30 2-door 323i


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My car hits back...
 Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012, 07:02 
Offline
Opel Club Cape Town Member
Opel Club Cape Town Member

Joined: 23 Jan 2008, 15:51
Posts: 3972
Eina! 8O
Hope they gave you some good drugs! :claugh:

_________________
2007 Opel Corsa Utility 1.4
2022 Toyota Corolla HB 1.2T
2024 Toyota C-HR 1.2T

Exes:
2015 Ford Ecosport 1.5
2014 Ford Focus ST 2.0T
2014 Opel Corsa OPC Nürburgring 1.6T
2005 Opel Corsa OPC 1.6T
2008 Volkswagen Golf GTi 2.0T
2005 Ford Territory TX 4.0
2004 Citroën C2 VTR 1.4
2001 Ford Fiesta Zetec-S 1.6
1998 Kia Sportage 2.0
1995 Fiat Uno Beat 1.4


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My car hits back...
 Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012, 07:41 
Offline
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
User avatar

Joined: 29 May 2007, 13:54
Posts: 49791
Location: Paarl...ex Durbs
Klonkie wrote:
Eina! 8O
Hope they gave you some good drugs! :claugh:

From that pic, he ALREADY looks drugged up!

:claugh:

No offence :chill:

_________________
Opel Club Cape Town Member


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My car hits back...
 Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012, 10:34 
Offline
Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE
Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE
User avatar

Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 09:43
Posts: 32589
Location: Supposedly I am in Cape Town
that dr stiched u up nasty - luckily the one that did my fingers was into habedatiary /crafting


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My car hits back...
 Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012, 10:41 
Offline
Opel Club Cape Town Member
Opel Club Cape Town Member

Joined: 23 Jan 2008, 15:51
Posts: 3972
Mr Lupini wrote:
that dr stiched u up nasty - luckily the one that did my fingers was into habedatiary /crafting


Was probably military trained ... can do 20 stitches under 57 seconds with bombs being dropped around him :P

*haberdashery ;)

_________________
2007 Opel Corsa Utility 1.4
2022 Toyota Corolla HB 1.2T
2024 Toyota C-HR 1.2T

Exes:
2015 Ford Ecosport 1.5
2014 Ford Focus ST 2.0T
2014 Opel Corsa OPC Nürburgring 1.6T
2005 Opel Corsa OPC 1.6T
2008 Volkswagen Golf GTi 2.0T
2005 Ford Territory TX 4.0
2004 Citroën C2 VTR 1.4
2001 Ford Fiesta Zetec-S 1.6
1998 Kia Sportage 2.0
1995 Fiat Uno Beat 1.4


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My car hits back...
 Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012, 11:06 
Offline
Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE
Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE
User avatar

Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 09:43
Posts: 32589
Location: Supposedly I am in Cape Town
:ninja:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My car hits back...
 Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012, 11:11 
Offline
Filter, Exhaust & Branch
Filter, Exhaust & Branch

Joined: 30 Oct 2011, 19:08
Posts: 663
Location: Edgemead, CPT
EvanTate wrote:
Last time I used an axel stand on my Toy it fell over into me while changing the wheel... :wack:


Looks like your cars dont want you touching them anymore, next they will fall off a car lift.. :wasnt_me:

_________________
Current: '03 Golf Mk4 GTi
Ex: '97 Golf Mk3 GTS 1.8i - SlowBlob
Ex: '93 Opel Kadett 1.4 + 36DCD - Popcorn Machine


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My car hits back...
 Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012, 11:49 
Offline
Filter, Exhaust, Branch & Chip
Filter, Exhaust, Branch & Chip
User avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:03
Posts: 1244
Location: Brackenfell / Paarl
Yoh eina.. Sorry to hear about the drama. but if you lift the car on level ground stuff like that wouldnt happen.. i always put a brick behind and infront the wheels and use two axle stands.... or if I only have my jacks then I'll put my sparewheel and tyres underneath just in case :thumbup: .. goodluck

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My car hits back...
 Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012, 12:38 
Offline
Upgraded to a Flatbed Filter
Upgraded to a Flatbed Filter

Joined: 20 Nov 2011, 18:40
Posts: 122
Location: Back of Flat bed
EvanTate wrote:
Lol here I go having a wierd day again. Luckily it's not too bad this time...

So we towed my car through to Stikland on Saturday to sort the motor out. After about 2hrs we finaly get there. Sunday goes by with no drama. But, today we overslept,had no transport to get parts (gaskets, head bolts etc.) so I phone Masterparts and they deliver. They send head bolts I don't have a spline for, and the cork sump gasket I cant use the splash tray with. So whatever I use old head bolts (tighten more) and old sump gasket with some red devil. Get the head on nicely etc, torque it, now putting the exhaust manifold back on, I was adjusting it at the bottom by the flange under the car, when the pallet jack the car was on suddenly rolled away. Unfortunately the handbrake was on and the car didnt go with... It came down. Even more unfortunately, I was still underneath. The right hand side cross member hit me on the forehead and split the skin open wuite bad. Didn't even cut me, just popped the skin. My head was also lifted to see, so it got smacked against the concrete ground under me too... SO now my heads sore on both sides :fight:

10 stitches in front, and a moerse knop on the back... :doh: I'll post a pic when I get them on FB.

Now, when we put the motor in, we lost control of the same pallet jack on a hill while usiung it to lower the motor in. It hit the car and put a nice line in my right fender... So what I'm thinking is this, my car just got me back for hurting her? Tipise vrou mens joh... :eh:

Now I look like Harry Potter... :mzekezeke:


Haha :ninja: Sorry bud that was funny, i know what its like to be constantly beaten up by your car, its not very fun at the time, but you make it sound so Comical :clap:

_________________
ImageImageImage :explode:
BBM Pin: 2605D3E2 :


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My car hits back...
 Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012, 12:40 
Offline
Upgraded to a Flatbed Filter
Upgraded to a Flatbed Filter

Joined: 20 Nov 2011, 18:40
Posts: 122
Location: Back of Flat bed
EvanTate wrote:
Boef_73 wrote:
Eish guy - sound like a Mr. Bean episode - rather go back to the "old toppie" style and use a bokkie-stand, hope you get well soon - although you sound in good spirit.

May I ask what you did to your lady...that she's attacking you?

Cheers

Boef_73 :bites:


Lol guess she was just PMSing. Would explain the leaks :claugh:

Mr Lupini wrote:
u realise old headbolts are a no!! no !!


Lol I got new ones, but don't have the spline socket to use them. Using my old 19mm hex is fine, I added a spring washer to each bolt and torque them 30nm, 90deg, 90deg, warmup, drive, race, burnout, doughnuts, change crank seal, oh sh!te another 90deg... And no problems with head or head gasket.

DevinC wrote:
Axel stands save lives :fight2:
Looks like your car wants a piece of you.. :owned:


Last time I used an axel stand on my Toy it fell over into me while changing the wheel... :wack:

Image



:censored: :censored: :censored: EINA!!!!!

WoW! She RealLy wants a piece of you :owned:

_________________
ImageImageImage :explode:
BBM Pin: 2605D3E2 :


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My car hits back...
 Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012, 15:26 
Offline
Opel Club Cape Town Member
Opel Club Cape Town Member
User avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2008, 19:00
Posts: 7111
Location: Under ur mamma
Here i thought combat sport was dangerous, lol

_________________
U812


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My car hits back...
 Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012, 19:53 
Offline
Cruising with a Cone Filter
Cruising with a Cone Filter

Joined: 14 Apr 2011, 17:17
Posts: 46
Cors@boy wrote:
Yoh eina.. Sorry to hear about the drama. but if you lift the car on level ground stuff like that wouldnt happen.. i always put a brick behind and infront the wheels and use two axle stands.... or if I only have my jacks then I'll put my sparewheel and tyres underneath just in case :thumbup: .. goodluck


:thumbup: wat he sed BRICKS BUDDY n SPAREWHEEL


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 

Board index » General Chat » Experiences


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: