Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Chat » Experiences




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Having a f@ken k@k month
 Post Posted: 30 Oct 2011, 12:10 
Offline
Cams, ITB's, Headjob, Management
Cams, ITB's, Headjob, Management
User avatar

Joined: 09 Jul 2008, 11:59
Posts: 2991
Location: Kimberley
So in this month when I came back from the holidays on my way driving back I realise something is not right coz the tape deck switches off when I put on my hazards and in that week I get stuck in traffic coz my battery was VREK VREK coz the altenator was in its Moer. So I had to push the car to the flat. So the kar stands almost for week before I got it fixed. Feeling very k@k about it coz I had to ask my father for money for the first time in 4 years (sucks being a student who left work to go study again).
So on friday I have to go to kimberley to go fetch a book witch is 340km to there and back and this is already something I didn't budget for.
So I full up to go then just before I was about to exit bloem then click, clutch cable snapped damn another expense so had to phone a friend to go buy another clutch cable and another friend who had tools to come and help me replace it.
So waited a long time for the clutch cable and also took a long time to replace it( yeah I know its a quick thing to do but was our first times changing a clutch cable).Needles to say we didn't even go to kimberley.
So saturday morning we leave for kimberley and on my way back I'm starting to feel good about my car again coz usually when I drive long distance I have 2 or 3 passengers with luggage so the drive was leke in my bloupel coz when I wanted to overtake it did it with no effort for a 1300.
So as I pull up to the gate of the flat with a smile and as I open the gate a walk back to the car I see grease on the front right wheel FLOCK cv joint/cv joint boot!!!
So I just thought to myself "When it rains, it pours"

So this has got to be the kekest month ever. :bites:

_________________
Hers:Opel Corsa Chill 1.3
:Germany:

His: Are you kidding me???? When married it states
"What is yours is mine what is MINE is MINE!!!!
:PeaceWhiteFlag:

Ours: Chevrolet Cruze 1.6L
:USA:
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: 30 Oct 2011, 12:51 
Offline
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
User avatar

Joined: 29 May 2007, 13:54
Posts: 49791
Location: Paarl...ex Durbs
Eish..ken dai feeling, di maand was oek netso k@k vi my. Ek't klomp $ uitgegee.

Maar wat kan n' man maak...Jy makeer jou kar.

_________________
Opel Club Cape Town Member


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011, 08:29 
Offline
Opel Club Cape Town Member
Opel Club Cape Town Member
User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2010, 09:31
Posts: 1513
Corsa Addict wrote:
Eish..ken dai feeling, di maand was oek netso k@k vi my. Ek't klomp $ uitgegee.

Maar wat kan n' man maak...Jy makeer jou kar.

i know how it feels
Just a list of things i need to fix.all the brakes,my cv's,wheel bearings...all of them.steering rack and rack end,need to redo tint.that got ripped and car needs to be sprayed and who knows what else i'll find when they get her on the lift.oh and i pulled out the knob of my light switch and guess how much that is at opel.R600 and no they dont just sell the knob.scrapyards here i come :explode:

_________________
Image

"n Man sonne n Opel is n man sonne n Opel" - Nous ek n man sonder OPEL :(
Current - BlikMetWiele E90 320i aka Kar
Ex - Corsa D 1.6T Sport aka Lola
Ex - Corsa B 1.6 lite aka Lala


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011, 09:01 
Offline
Cams, ITB's, Headjob, Management
Cams, ITB's, Headjob, Management
User avatar

Joined: 09 Jul 2008, 11:59
Posts: 2991
Location: Kimberley
Think they also gonna make buy the whole switch at the scrapyard also. Same problem happened when I bought my car.

_________________
Hers:Opel Corsa Chill 1.3
:Germany:

His: Are you kidding me???? When married it states
"What is yours is mine what is MINE is MINE!!!!
:PeaceWhiteFlag:

Ours: Chevrolet Cruze 1.6L
:USA:
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011, 09:05 
Offline
Opel Club Cape Town Member
Opel Club Cape Town Member
User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2010, 09:31
Posts: 1513
sterlingesterhuizen wrote:
Think they also gonna make buy the whole switch at the scrapyard also. Same problem happened when I bought my car.

die karre weet net wanne om te breek.net so naby december.net in tyd vir die bonus

_________________
Image

"n Man sonne n Opel is n man sonne n Opel" - Nous ek n man sonder OPEL :(
Current - BlikMetWiele E90 320i aka Kar
Ex - Corsa D 1.6T Sport aka Lola
Ex - Corsa B 1.6 lite aka Lala


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011, 09:14 
Offline
Cams, ITB's, Headjob, Management
Cams, ITB's, Headjob, Management
User avatar

Joined: 09 Jul 2008, 11:59
Posts: 2991
Location: Kimberley
shujinko the nut wrote:
sterlingesterhuizen wrote:
Think they also gonna make buy the whole switch at the scrapyard also. Same problem happened when I bought my car.

die karre weet net wanne om te breek.net so naby december.net in tyd vir die bonus

I'm just glad that God always look out for me coz he'll always carries me through my long distance trips coz every time when I have 2 travel long distance the problem always come just before or after I arrived.
I remember one time when I literally just arrived in upington my wheel bearing went which meant my wheel would have fallen off while I was driving at a high speed.

_________________
Hers:Opel Corsa Chill 1.3
:Germany:

His: Are you kidding me???? When married it states
"What is yours is mine what is MINE is MINE!!!!
:PeaceWhiteFlag:

Ours: Chevrolet Cruze 1.6L
:USA:
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011, 13:27 
Offline
Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE
Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE
User avatar

Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 09:43
Posts: 32589
Location: Supposedly I am in Cape Town
as they say ne - god wnt giev you things hat you cnt handle ..


anyways - at least you know those lil things are sorted , shitty feeling as things go wrong - i know that - but means december when everything's closed ur car is on the road and u can have fun


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011, 13:31 
Offline
Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE
Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE

Joined: 17 Mar 2007, 21:10
Posts: 19329
its just a car bra :D

but i know the feeling

_________________
Current:
'13 Alfa Romeo MiTO Quadrifoglio Verde Sport 125kw 250nm
Dont take life so seriously

Swedish House Mafia- Greyhound

Ex:
'12 Fiat Bravo Sport 110kw 235nm
'11 Kia Koup 122kw 203nm
'08 Daihatsu Sirion Sport 1.5 VVTi
'02 Euro Opel Corsa 160is
'85 Opel GSI 2 door Boss


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011, 15:42 
Offline
Turbocharged
Turbocharged
User avatar

Joined: 07 Aug 2008, 13:00
Posts: 7799
Location: just cruising...
Can relate, having a pretty similar month.

_________________
Current: '05 VW Golf 5 2.0 TDI Sportline
'97 VW Jetta VR6
'83 Datsun 1400 Sunny
Ex: '97 Opel Astra Estate 200i
'00 Opel Corsa GSI 2.0 16v
'96 Opel Astra 200i E 16v
'02 Opel Corsa GSI 1.6
'93 Honda Ballade 160e 16v
'95 Opel Astra 200i E 16v


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011, 10:31 
Offline
Cruising with a Cone Filter
Cruising with a Cone Filter
User avatar

Joined: 03 Oct 2011, 23:52
Posts: 45
Location: southern CPT
same story here buddy...took my car for routine 120000km service, ended up costing me R4500 but now my car is missing and they want another R550 to replace the bougi cords...oh wait, therez more, the car then went for bodywork through insurance, had to pay a R3000 excess for half a respray...the insurance chose the place and i asked them for a quote for the rest, to make it a complete re-spray...that mense couldnt quote me on paper for the whole 2wks my car was there and they dont also spray on the inside of the panels so when you open the door it looks like i sprayed it in my yard (which wouldnt have been such a bad fckn idea!)...eventually i go pick up the car and druk the bra vas...just for my bootspoiler thats peeling, they wanna charge me R800 to spray!...that place is slightly a bit more than a car-wash if you ask me and i got 5 quotes on my own that were all cheaper than what they quoted the insurance idiots...oh well, as soon as they bump my premium up, which is a definite, im gonna change my insurance company...i still had to give them the number of a locksmith coz they were waiting over 2days for thier guy to come calibrate the lock that i supplied them after they said that might be a problem for them! gee whizz, they're so weak its unbelievable...but ok its not their fault they backwards, i got a guarentee on their work which i will be taking full advantage of, believe that shite!...i blame the insurance company for choosing them and not being contactable during that time lol, plus its mos leka if you know you a boef and your "feedback" webpage dont load ne!

..and NO! ITS NOT JUST A CAR!...give me back the R8000 i spent on "just a car" this month then il maybe agree with you...

_________________
2006 Opel Corsa Lite 1.4i


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011, 10:40 
Offline
Cruising with a Cone Filter
Cruising with a Cone Filter
User avatar

Joined: 03 Oct 2011, 23:52
Posts: 45
Location: southern CPT
=BLAZER= wrote:

..and NO! ITS NOT JUST A CAR!...give me back the R8000 i spent on "just a car" this month then il maybe agree with you...


lol, that last part was meant for crisspy...i dont think you know this feeling i got right now! lol, cheers! :duim:

_________________
2006 Opel Corsa Lite 1.4i


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011, 00:00 
Offline
Filter, Exhaust & Branch
Filter, Exhaust & Branch
User avatar

Joined: 08 Nov 2011, 11:30
Posts: 591
Location: Milnerton
Lmj I also know the feeling. It's never just a car. It's normally your ONLY car and without it you;re screwed...

My cars always tend to k@k just after I fill up... Blown 2 motors just after filling up... Kinda makes you wonder what they doing at the garages ne :spank:

But ya at least you know when everything breaks that when it's all sorted everything will be reg...

_________________
.
.|==============|
.............||
.=OO SKYLINE OO

Current:
Opel Kadett GSi 2l 8v
Suzuki KZ650

Ex:
Toyota Corolla 160i GL 16v
Opel Kadett Baby Boss GSi 2l 8v
Opel Astra F 2l 8v
R30 Nissan Skyline 2.8 GTX
Honda VFR400 NC24
GSXR750R Presling
BMW E30 2-door 323i


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

Board index » General Chat » Experiences


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: