| Author |
Message |
|
PAPYELARSEZEF
|
Posted: 15 Apr 2009, 21:40 |
|
 |
| Cruising with a Cone Filter |
 |
Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 21:37 Posts: 1 Location: Portugal
|
|
Hi, I'm having a hard time trying to recover my system to factory settings. I pretty much messed up, I reinstalled Vista using the CD. I didnt go through the recovery manager. I still have the Recovery Partition on my PC as D: is there any way to be able to recover the system after my mistake ? Please advise.
_____________________ [url=http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showuser=150583]wholesale laptops [/url]
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
crispy boss
|
Posted: 15 Apr 2009, 23:36 |
|
 |
| Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE |
 |
Joined: 17 Mar 2007, 21:10 Posts: 19329
|
|
ther is yes...
get recovery software
_________________ Current: '13 Alfa Romeo MiTO Quadrifoglio Verde Sport 125kw 250nm Dont take life so seriously
Swedish House Mafia- Greyhound
Ex: '12 Fiat Bravo Sport 110kw 235nm '11 Kia Koup 122kw 203nm '08 Daihatsu Sirion Sport 1.5 VVTi '02 Euro Opel Corsa 160is '85 Opel GSI 2 door Boss
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
Toy
|
Posted: 16 Apr 2009, 08:15 |
|
Joined: 22 Aug 2007, 01:30 Posts: 7994 Location: Afghanistan
|
what kinda mistake u talking bout?? try system restore, should restore ur system 2an earlier time... ie. before ur "mistake" 
_________________ "...And I'm not frightened of dying, anytime will do, i don't mind... Why should i be afraid of dying, there's no reason for it you've gotta go sometime..." Pink Floyd - Great Gig In The Sky  ex: '98 130i Snoek Bakkie ex: '04 Fiat Stilo 1.6 16V ex: '04 Mini Cooper S Current: Renault Clio 4 - 0.9 Tce  97 Uno Turbo
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
$haggy
|
Posted: 16 Apr 2009, 08:17 |
|
Joined: 05 Jan 2009, 14:29 Posts: 16319 Location: Stellenbosch
|
|
All you have to do is, boot from the recovery partition, and follow those steps. your system should be fine after that
_________________ Opel Club Cape Town Member
'06 Astra H GSi 2.0 Turbo '79 Datsun 160y GX Coupe '95 200 GXi SR20VE 6spd Ex: '92 200sx RB25DET '06 Opel Zafira 1.8 Enjoy Panoramic '01 200 STI sr20de '93 S13 200sx RB25Det '97 200iE 16v Astra '71 Datsun 1600 SSS 2.0L 180is Opel Kadett 2.0L Mk1 Golf GT 2.0 16v
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
Mr Lupini
|
Posted: 22 Apr 2009, 10:56 |
|
 |
| Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE |
 |
 |
Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 09:43 Posts: 32589 Location: Supposedly I am in Cape Town
|
|
could there be a chance these methods mentioned in posts above would result in data loss?
_________________ 'SOFAKENWAT'
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
Ashes_Pain
|
Posted: 30 Apr 2009, 11:27 |
|
 |
| Cruising with a Cone Filter |
 |
 |
Joined: 17 Feb 2009, 15:24 Posts: 34 Location: Joburg
|
|
Did you mean data loss on current partition C: yup when u go re-install the OS the info c: will be wiped out as the system will format the drive before re-installing the OS. What brand are u using HP/Dell... Alternatively u can copy the recovery s/ware from the c: drive on a different machine but the same make as yours, but you need to know what your doing though, its quite easy.
After copying that paste it on the desktop of your machine look for the .exe file run that it should give you the option to make a backup disc or re-install the OS from the D: drive...
_________________ Even though I am marked for death, I'm a spark till I lose my breath!
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
Mr Lupini
|
Posted: 08 May 2009, 19:55 |
|
 |
| Opel Club Cape Town AFFILIATE |
 |
 |
Joined: 16 Mar 2007, 09:43 Posts: 32589 Location: Supposedly I am in Cape Town
|
so end of the day its still best to backup everything u want from the pc/laptop before doing any form of recovery 
_________________ 'SOFAKENWAT'
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
Supreme
|
Posted: 09 May 2009, 11:38 |
|
|
|
|
 |
|
 |
|