Switch to full style
As the title suggests (forum/website related)
Post a reply

gif restrictions

24 May 2013, 08:24

can we perhaps have a limit on the size of gifs, lets say to a max of 1MB

they really slow down the performance of this website, atleast this is my experience especially when a few users have large file gifs and then I have to wait for them to load, and then it happens everytime I open a thread.

And for mobile users who pay for data it could prove to be quite expensive to browse this forum.
Last edited by Corsa Addict on 24 May 2013, 08:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic moved to 'Suggestion Box / Forum Woes'

Re: gif restrictions

24 May 2013, 08:33

saturnz wrote:can we perhaps have a limit on the size of gifs, lets say to a max of 1MB

they really slow down the performance of this website, atleast this is my experience especially when a few users have large file gifs and then I have to wait for them to load, and then it happens everytime I open a thread.

And for mobile users who pay for data it could prove to be quite expensive to browse this forum.

Ja Corsa Addict!!! :ban:

Re: gif restrictions

24 May 2013, 08:35

:lol:

My .gif is 245kB's

:biteme:

Anyways,

I dont see that much .gif's floating on this forum for us to warrant the size restriction or am I mistaken?

Re: gif restrictions

24 May 2013, 08:39

your gif once I downloaded it actually reads 1.7MB

I don't actually know who has and who hasn't got gifs

My problem is that at work I don't actually see all the gifs, just yours CA, due to work restrictions.

however when I get home I just cancel the pages as they take ages to load because of the gifs so I don't actually browse the forum.

Re: gif restrictions

24 May 2013, 08:45

Strange

It shows as 245Kb's on my side (even when I browse at home at night from my dongle it shows as the same size)

I think crispy & 8 valves also has .gif as sigs (if they still do have it)

Dont you like Jessica or is that not your cup of tea, saturnz? :P

Re: gif restrictions

24 May 2013, 08:51

Jessica maak n man net lus man
Na j n paar keer gepost it dan is jessica orals lol.Sy vinger vi almal

Re: gif restrictions

24 May 2013, 08:53

:claugh:

Re: gif restrictions

24 May 2013, 09:06

saturnz wrote:however when I get home I just cancel the pages as they take ages to load because of the gifs so I don't actually browse the forum.



thought about getting better internet?

Re: gif restrictions

24 May 2013, 09:22

:lol:

I'll remove Jessica soon

Need a new sig anyways

Re: gif restrictions

24 May 2013, 11:26

$haggy wrote:thought about getting better internet?



I'm actually running a 10mbps line, however the bottleneck is the service provider and if you check my other posts I actually looked for other service providers.

It is easy to ask if I thought about, and yes I did, but if nobody is willing to supply me better internet then what exactly do you suggest I do?

All what I ask is for some consideration of those who are not as fortunate as yourself to spend huge amounts of money on internet.

Re: gif restrictions

24 May 2013, 13:11

i told you to go neotel. cheaper and better

Re: gif restrictions

24 May 2013, 13:53

we did approach neotel and rejected what they had to offer, to be quite frank they saw the Body Corporate as a cash cow

Re: gif restrictions

24 May 2013, 16:36

I gave u the contact in your thread. Speak to reginald from neotel and then Francois Swart - Avalon ISP .

Lemme know if u want the details again, dont see how u should pay for 10mbpd line and then struggle to have gif's loading

Re: gif restrictions

25 May 2013, 22:05

no

Re: gif restrictions

27 May 2013, 09:36

Local site, local host. Those .gifs arent the problem

Re: gif restrictions

05 Jun 2013, 15:33

:(

Re: gif restrictions

05 Jun 2013, 15:39

Corsa Addict wrote::(

lol no more jessica alba
is myne oek dan weg?

Re: gif restrictions

06 Jun 2013, 09:47

who removed jessica ?
Post a reply