Switch to full style
As the title suggests (forum/website related)
Post a reply

huge need and solution for mobile interface

18 Oct 2012, 13:07

I am bringing up this point again because I find the site very non-userfiendly on a phone it tablet.
Some of us work at companies where this is out only way to access the internet and without this it is very difficult to be involved in the forum.

Because of the nature browsers in cellphones and tablets this forum in increadinly difficult to reply on as the form does not resize and reading is also difficult due to resizing.

What we need is a simple plugin that will enable the HTML to format to a mobile site format. This is available for this forum and I will respost the link when I am home.

This doesn't take much time to install on the server and it will hugely increase accessibility. Basically any tablet, smartphone and then there is an interface that will work on all phones with wap/browsing capability.

Feedback appreciated. :explode:

Re: huge need and solution for mobile interface

18 Oct 2012, 13:21

tapatalk

Re: huge need and solution for mobile interface

18 Oct 2012, 13:25

cub-zn wrote:tapatalk

+1

Re: huge need and solution for mobile interface

18 Oct 2012, 17:30

Agreed.. but everytime I asked our IT admin. was too busy

Perhaps a case of beer will get him off his lazy chair on the weekend to do it..

Re: huge need and solution for mobile interface

19 Oct 2012, 08:46

farcry7 wrote:Agreed.. but everytime I asked our IT admin. was too busy

Perhaps a case of beer will get him off his lazy chair on the weekend to do it..



lol, just make sure you give the beers after the development is done. a case of beers is going to get them drunk n back into the lazy chair

Re: huge need and solution for mobile interface

19 Oct 2012, 08:53

heineken or millers will do

Re: huge need and solution for mobile interface

19 Oct 2012, 09:06

$haggy wrote:heineken or millers will do

I'll come provide moral support :angel:

Re: huge need and solution for mobile interface

19 Oct 2012, 09:17

tapatalk or something else that will automatically detect that you are using mobile, and will switch to a mobile version of the forum?

Re: huge need and solution for mobile interface

19 Oct 2012, 09:47

Post test from tapatalk using iphone 4s.

Its installed and working, search in tapatalk for opelclub cape town

Re: huge need and solution for mobile interface

28 Oct 2012, 07:52

Shaggy u r an Ace.. thanks boet!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Post a reply