Opel Club Cape Town
https://www.opelclubforum.co.za/

Vodacom Cape Gate
https://www.opelclubforum.co.za/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=22341
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Kalu [ 16 Jun 2012, 16:01 ]
Post subject:  Vodacom Cape Gate

So I got a Vodafone Smart tab 10 from them on Sunday 10 June 2012 and by Tuesday 12 June 2012 it was broken...

I got it from them as an upgrade as my phone is still perfect so I decided to take a tablet instead. Took the Vodafone Smart Tab as I wasnt going to be using it for business or anything and it was the cheapest so I didnt want to pay in thousands for something I might use once a week.

So anyway, I got home, played with it till the battery died, charged it for 14 hours, turned it on again, played with it for about and hour then switched it off. Then the next day I tried to switch it on and NOTHING! The light didnt even come on when I put the charger in.

Took it back to Vodacom Cape Gate on Wednesday, they said they'll call me within 2 days. Friday afternoon came and I called them, they said they would call back in 10minutes, 2 hours passed and I called them again, then they said they need my serial number so I gave it to them and they said they'd call me 1st thing saturday morning, so saturday morning 11am I give them a call, then they tell me they need to contact head office and they can only tell me whats wrong with it on Monday!

So I had the Tab for 2 days, they've had it for 4 days, and now they want to tell me they'll only let me know whats happening 2 days after that! And I had to call them 3 times to see what was going on.

If I could I would reverse the whole deal and just get a phone to sell on gumtree but now they say they can only exchange it for the same make and model if its broken, or if its not broken then they'll do a software upgrade and see from there.

Oh and in-store service is also pathetic, they all very uninterested in what they doing or what the customers are asking them, its like everything they do is like they doing you a big favour.

Author:  carlgsi [ 16 Jun 2012, 18:13 ]
Post subject:  Re: Vodacom Cape Gate

Its probably the drivers that went out. Happened to my galaxy tab as well.

Author:  opel!60is [ 16 Jun 2012, 18:24 ]
Post subject:  Re: Vodacom Cape Gate

shouldnt you get a brand new one within 7 days?

Author:  Gouraami [ 16 Jun 2012, 19:15 ]
Post subject:  Re: Vodacom Cape Gate

Service at any shop at Cape gate is pathetic.

I have been there 3 times since it has opened. The last time was easily more than 3 years ago, I do not plan to ever return.

Everybody complains about the place yet people still go there.

I agree with opel!60is, isn't there a 7 day exchange warranty?

Author:  Kalu [ 16 Jun 2012, 22:26 ]
Post subject:  Re: Vodacom Cape Gate

Yes theres a 7 day OBF (Out of Box Failure) then they will exchange for a new unit but they say they must first open it up and make sure I didnt drop it in water or load it full of viruses or some rubbish. They'll make any excuse not to stick to their policy.

I see there are other complaints about them on Hello Peter.

Author:  Mr Lupini [ 18 Jun 2012, 07:45 ]
Post subject:  Re: Vodacom Cape Gate

complain dude complain - hello peter , mail vodacom cust care etc etc

thats my stance these days - if im unhappy i interrogate whatever manager's there and come back a few days later and if somebody else on duty give them the same k@k

Author:  Mr Lupini [ 18 Jun 2012, 07:46 ]
Post subject:  Re: Vodacom Cape Gate

druk it on vodacom's twitter and FB streams dude

Author:  8 Valves of glory [ 18 Jun 2012, 11:54 ]
Post subject:  Re: Vodacom Cape Gate

just send it to Lupi man.

like lupi said complain complain and complain. call customer care and let them log a service request, hello peter, fb all over.

i used to work for vodacom. if you hello peter with the name of the person that helped you then you get a quick response. once someone put my name on hello peter and within minutes i was notified. lucky for me the call was recorded and i did nothing wrong lol

Author:  crispy boss [ 18 Jun 2012, 12:26 ]
Post subject:  Re: Vodacom Cape Gate

service at most cell phone shops is SHOCKING

Author:  Natrix [ 18 Jun 2012, 14:35 ]
Post subject:  Re: Vodacom Cape Gate

Consumer protection act say RRR "Replace Repair or Refund" its up to the consumer what he wants. Make sure you put it on Hello Peter you will get a response from them very very quickly. To many people get away with giving others sh!t service. Its not like they doing you a favour they get paid to do there damn work

Author:  Kalu [ 18 Jun 2012, 18:21 ]
Post subject:  Re: Vodacom Cape Gate

Update - I called them AGAIN now after they promised me that they would let me know on Monday. Now they first said they havent heard anything yet, then she says she got a email saying the exchange was rejected and they are now sending the tablet back to the technical and they'll let me know tomorrow.

I'll see what they say tomorrow and if I dont like their answer I will let all hell break lose on these idiots...

Author:  8 Valves of glory [ 19 Jun 2012, 09:07 ]
Post subject:  Re: Vodacom Cape Gate

Hello Peter!!!!

demand a new one. i wouldn't take a repaired product if they had to repair it 2 days after purchase.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 2 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/