Opel Club Cape Town
https://www.opelclubforum.co.za/

Front suspension Restored.... BIG UPS SUPAQUIK ATHLONE!!!!
https://www.opelclubforum.co.za/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=19407
Page 1 of 1

Author:  fsadulla [ 21 Jul 2011, 19:34 ]
Post subject:  Front suspension Restored.... BIG UPS SUPAQUIK ATHLONE!!!!

So I got Supaquik Athlone to fit my front suspension parts. Replaced my rack ends, tie rods, stabiliser bars(link rods), ball joints and front control arm bushes+Wheel alignment

After everything was done i inspected the old parts... Rack ends was FINISH, 1 tie rod had heavy cuts in it, ball joints were close to being completely worn but stabiliser bars was still good but I replaced it as i had the new parts and they were busy there so soema replaced, the control arm bushes also had lots of cuts in them.

Drive is slightly better(firmer)because while the guy was busy he told me my front shock needs replacing(oil all over the shock) so maybe when those are replaced then the drive will be SUPA

SupaQuik Athlone Excellent work!!! This is not an EASY job guys and that bra had no problems replacing those things and they charged MUCH less then everyone I called even TYRE SHOP aka Waleed

Author:  Corsa Addict [ 21 Jul 2011, 20:00 ]
Post subject:  Re: Front suspension Restored.... BIG UPS SUPAQUIK ATHLONE!!!!

Nice, glad you sorted but tell me how did yor front suspension parts get worn out so quick? You got alot of km's on the Corsa C

Author:  fsadulla [ 21 Jul 2011, 20:36 ]
Post subject:  Re: Front suspension Restored.... BIG UPS SUPAQUIK ATHLONE!!!!

I bought my car 2nd hand and I think the previous owners used to drive a lot on GRAVEL roads coz the first time I had the car on a lift we saw a lot of orange sand under the car and plus i in April someone mos knocked me

Author:  Funnelman [ 22 Jul 2011, 08:08 ]
Post subject:  Re: Front suspension Restored.... BIG UPS SUPAQUIK ATHLONE!!!!

My shocks and link rods need to be replaced.Very soon I might add.
But I'm still using my original shocks as from the factory and I've done 255000km's already.

The link rods I'm going to replace myself and the rear shocks. But the front shocks will have to take it somewhere to have it replaced..

Author:  shujinko the nut [ 22 Jul 2011, 08:09 ]
Post subject:  Re: Front suspension Restored.... BIG UPS SUPAQUIK ATHLONE!!!!

if you dont mind me asking but how much did it cost? was thinking about doing the same thing :think:

Author:  Funnelman [ 22 Jul 2011, 08:14 ]
Post subject:  Re: Front suspension Restored.... BIG UPS SUPAQUIK ATHLONE!!!!

shujinko the nut wrote:
if you dont mind me asking but how much did it cost? was thinking about doing the same thing :think:


+1

How much did the parts cost you??

Author:  fsadulla [ 22 Jul 2011, 18:10 ]
Post subject:  Re: Front suspension Restored.... BIG UPS SUPAQUIK ATHLONE!!!!

Best advise is to buy the parts yourself(front suspension parts at TEKNOSA in Montague Gardens, Great quality with LOWEST price) shocks im still trying to find the best prices.
Then call SupaQuik Athlone or visit them and ask for a quote to fit the parts. If SupaQuik is too much then call Waleed from TyreShop Maitland

SupaQuik was better for me coz they around the corner from me and TyreShop was in Maitland

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 2 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/