Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Chat » Experiences




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: REEDS N1 City
 Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010, 14:26 
Offline
Opel Club Cape Town Member
Opel Club Cape Town Member

Joined: 23 Jan 2008, 15:51
Posts: 3972
So my reverse lights stopped working. I guess it's probably the reverse lights switch that needs replacing. I call REEDS yesterday, book the UTE in and drop it off this morning, only to find out that the UTE is no longer under warranty - mine was just 3 years, while UTEs sold from around 2008/2009 have 5 years!

Anyways, they call me back just after 12pm .. R550-ish for supply and fit.
I say no thanks, Wayno will sort it out (hint-hint ;)).

So I go pick it up now .. my Service Clerk, Eon, is not there. Barbare kindly helps me out and start to make calls for them to bring the UTE from the workshop, while I go take a walk and try out the seats in the Corsa OPC ... again.

I walk back, the UTE is pulled up and walk over to Barbara to get my keys and she says .. "Just printing the invoice" ... and I'm like "HUH? .. .what invoice .. there was no work done!?"

And she's like, but there's a charge for them checking ... R250-ish for putting the UTE in reverse and shouting .. HEY PIETER .. Dis die donnerse reverse switch wat in sy moer in is.

I say .. nope .. not gonna happen ... not once did anyone EVERY mention anything about a "checking fee" or quote rejection fee .. not during the 3 phone calls or when I dropped the UTE this morning. She looks at me .. and from our mutual stare she understand .. I aint paying .. and she says ... I'll have to get the branch manager, he's just busy with someone. I say .. you do that.

I step away from her desk .. cos now I'm fuming ... 2 mins later Eon walks in with a customer, and she explains the situation to him. Eon finishes his deal with the customer, walks over to me, key in hand and says .. Here's your key, you may go, I'll sort it out.

I say Thanks, that's all I wanted to hear.

I'm impressed with Eon, so big-up to him!

... it's amazing how a single incident like this could easily have ruined my perception of them .. and me NEVER going back there .. but now they still stand a chance!

_________________
2007 Opel Corsa Utility 1.4
2022 Toyota Corolla HB 1.2T
2024 Toyota C-HR 1.2T

Exes:
2015 Ford Ecosport 1.5
2014 Ford Focus ST 2.0T
2014 Opel Corsa OPC Nürburgring 1.6T
2005 Opel Corsa OPC 1.6T
2008 Volkswagen Golf GTi 2.0T
2005 Ford Territory TX 4.0
2004 Citroën C2 VTR 1.4
2001 Ford Fiesta Zetec-S 1.6
1998 Kia Sportage 2.0
1995 Fiat Uno Beat 1.4


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: REEDS N1 City
 Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010, 14:34 
Offline
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
User avatar

Joined: 29 May 2007, 13:54
Posts: 49791
Location: Paarl...ex Durbs
:lol: that R250 odd is the labour charge for 30mins :mrgreen:

but why did you drop the UTE off by them?

Couldn't they give you a price estimate over the phone? It's not like alot of things that can cause your reverse lights not to work, or am I wrong?

Funny story though :mrgreen:

_________________
Opel Club Cape Town Member


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: REEDS N1 City
 Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010, 15:01 
Offline
Opel Club Cape Town Member
Opel Club Cape Town Member

Joined: 23 Jan 2008, 15:51
Posts: 3972
Corsa Addict wrote:
but why did you drop the UTE off by them?

Couldn't they give you a price estimate over the phone? It's not like alot of things that can cause your reverse lights not to work, or am I wrong?


I was under the impression the UTE is still under warantee .. and yesterday when I called them, they said .. "you'll have to bring it in so we can do a proper diagnostic"

If I knew it's not under warantee anymore, I wudn't even have bothered!

_________________
2007 Opel Corsa Utility 1.4
2022 Toyota Corolla HB 1.2T
2024 Toyota C-HR 1.2T

Exes:
2015 Ford Ecosport 1.5
2014 Ford Focus ST 2.0T
2014 Opel Corsa OPC Nürburgring 1.6T
2005 Opel Corsa OPC 1.6T
2008 Volkswagen Golf GTi 2.0T
2005 Ford Territory TX 4.0
2004 Citroën C2 VTR 1.4
2001 Ford Fiesta Zetec-S 1.6
1998 Kia Sportage 2.0
1995 Fiat Uno Beat 1.4


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: REEDS N1 City
 Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010, 15:18 
Offline
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR
User avatar

Joined: 29 May 2007, 13:54
Posts: 49791
Location: Paarl...ex Durbs
diagnostic on reverse lights not working! :shifty:

anyways

drive carefully now....3yr / 100 000km is verby :( :silent: :mrgreen:

















vir my oek :(

_________________
Opel Club Cape Town Member


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: REEDS N1 City
 Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010, 16:04 
Offline
Filter, Exhaust & Branch
Filter, Exhaust & Branch
User avatar

Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 15:30
Posts: 910
now you can mod it leka as you have no more warrantee !!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: REEDS N1 City
 Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010, 07:35 
Offline
Opel Club Cape Town Member
Opel Club Cape Town Member

Joined: 23 Jan 2008, 15:51
Posts: 3972
carlgsi wrote:
now you can mod it leka as you have no more warrantee !!!

I was thinking along the same avenues ..

MRS KLONKIE .. kom hier met dai credit card :P

_________________
2007 Opel Corsa Utility 1.4
2022 Toyota Corolla HB 1.2T
2024 Toyota C-HR 1.2T

Exes:
2015 Ford Ecosport 1.5
2014 Ford Focus ST 2.0T
2014 Opel Corsa OPC Nürburgring 1.6T
2005 Opel Corsa OPC 1.6T
2008 Volkswagen Golf GTi 2.0T
2005 Ford Territory TX 4.0
2004 Citroën C2 VTR 1.4
2001 Ford Fiesta Zetec-S 1.6
1998 Kia Sportage 2.0
1995 Fiat Uno Beat 1.4


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: REEDS N1 City
 Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010, 11:20 
Offline
Filter & Exhaust
Filter & Exhaust
User avatar

Joined: 21 Jul 2010, 10:45
Posts: 455
You know the car must be in reverse for the reverse lights to work hey lokl :mrgreen:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: REEDS N1 City
 Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010, 13:04 
Offline
Turbocharged
Turbocharged
User avatar

Joined: 07 Aug 2008, 13:00
Posts: 7799
Location: just cruising...
Natrix wrote:
You know the car must be in reverse for the reverse lights to work hey lokl :mrgreen:


Jy likes oek strond gesels neh...lol :lol:

_________________
Current: '05 VW Golf 5 2.0 TDI Sportline
'97 VW Jetta VR6
'83 Datsun 1400 Sunny
Ex: '97 Opel Astra Estate 200i
'00 Opel Corsa GSI 2.0 16v
'96 Opel Astra 200i E 16v
'02 Opel Corsa GSI 1.6
'93 Honda Ballade 160e 16v
'95 Opel Astra 200i E 16v


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: REEDS N1 City
 Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010, 13:42 
Offline
Opel Club Cape Town Member
Opel Club Cape Town Member

Joined: 23 Jan 2008, 15:51
Posts: 3972
Natrix wrote:
You know the car must be in reverse for the reverse lights to work hey lokl :mrgreen:


now that you mention it ... :claugh:

Actually .. I've been reversing toe-heel so the brake lights can go on so I can at least see SOMETHING in the morning when I leave home!!

_________________
2007 Opel Corsa Utility 1.4
2022 Toyota Corolla HB 1.2T
2024 Toyota C-HR 1.2T

Exes:
2015 Ford Ecosport 1.5
2014 Ford Focus ST 2.0T
2014 Opel Corsa OPC Nürburgring 1.6T
2005 Opel Corsa OPC 1.6T
2008 Volkswagen Golf GTi 2.0T
2005 Ford Territory TX 4.0
2004 Citroën C2 VTR 1.4
2001 Ford Fiesta Zetec-S 1.6
1998 Kia Sportage 2.0
1995 Fiat Uno Beat 1.4


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » General Chat » Experiences


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: