Opel Club Cape Town
https://www.opelclubforum.co.za/

Velocity Cars
https://www.opelclubforum.co.za/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=15584
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Purcell [ 17 Jun 2010, 15:38 ]
Post subject:  Velocity Cars

Saw this on HB forum.

http://hondaboys.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 489eb1583a

Quote:
as stated aboved... bunch of crookes... just know how to fool peeps. please inform family members, hb members, friends not to invest buying a vehicle at Velocity Cars. Velocity Cars claim that your goods is accident free, but they lying, i bought a Golf 4, 1999 model, in January 2010, Ive asked sum one to view and to test drive the car hence im getting home about 19:00.

My buddy tested the car and were happy with the car, Ive asked the sales manager (Athlone) on the 18.01.2010 if I can have a report from all the issues been check on vehicle checked by the roadworthy authority/party( which he FAILED) plus copies of all the documents before handover takes place.

received roadworthy certificated & new license goods... gave it back to them last month...

The sales manager told me the car going 4 service and cleaning and will inform me when car will be ready for collection. the manager send me an email on the 20.01.2010 that the car is ready for collection. Went the same day to pick up the car and notice that the air con not working, the petrol tank empty, i mean empty, i liaised with the sales manager bout the air con and told me that he booked the car for a air con service on the 27h Jan 2010. During that week i took the car to a Vw & Audi and the specialist pin pointed that the car had various problems, accident signs, welding areas, tampered with speedo & kms,
electrical problems, lights faulty, vibration whilst driving a certain speed, alarm only work for a few days, oil light keep flashing after car been service|(proclaim), indication of brake pads to be checked keeps on flashing at cluster area ect.

On 25th Jan 2010 i compiled a problem list of all the issues visible on the vehicle, im not a machie rather not Stupid :evil: i returned the vehicle to Velocity Cars with the list and a diagram ( sketch form) of all the problems.
the same list and diagram were faxed, email to sales manager and few days after he told me he never received any mail or docs from me regards to the statement.

sales manager tried to dodge me, everytime i went back to velocity cars they had excuses from his boss not there, went to Jozi or sumthing. this went on for 2 months, so decided to take legal action and finally i got a meeting with the Boss of Velocity Cars....

so told the boss i dont want any cars from them, cancel my conctract, the same day i discovered that i never signed the the DEED OF SALE.. the sale manager couldnt explain to his Boss, they looked at me... :?:

im over the moon... :mrgreen: had A golf for a week, free testing,
so they gave my moola back..... they thought they had me.... :D

i believe in the power of dreams
HONDA :mrgreen:

Author:  crispy boss [ 17 Jun 2010, 20:37 ]
Post subject:  Re: Velocity Cars

what a bunch of crookes :wack:

Author:  2L_16Valve [ 17 Jun 2010, 21:03 ]
Post subject:  Re: Velocity Cars

that is a k@k one. wasnt the owner the guy that got locked up for putting temp plates on his gt-r?

Author:  Purcell [ 18 Jun 2010, 14:42 ]
Post subject:  Re: Velocity Cars

I remember a post about that.

They were also going to organise a new racing venue in Cape Town, apparently, or something along those lines.

Author:  Thundercat [ 18 Jun 2010, 18:21 ]
Post subject:  Re: Velocity Cars

Wow! people will take any opportunity to try and pull the wool over your eyes! :spank:

Author:  Corsa Addict [ 18 Jun 2010, 18:34 ]
Post subject:  Re: Velocity Cars

Purcell wrote:
I remember a post about that.

They were also going to organise a new racing venue in Cape Town, apparently, or something along those lines.

:correct:

They the owners of those Hummer limo's (that black one at the OPD Dyno Day) & stuff...that one guy from that company also has a "slot" on GHFM, cant' remember which day / time now..

hectic story...

Author:  GTurbz [ 03 Dec 2013, 08:52 ]
Post subject:  Re: Velocity Cars

Eish, if only my wifey read this before buying her car there. :facepalm:
She doesn't know much about cars & I wasn't around that time.
Was and still is a mission to get any response from this mense.
We taking matters further with them, also proclaiming that the vehicle was serviced... "Serviced" k@k talk!!! :headbash:

Author:  yusufallie [ 03 Dec 2013, 10:08 ]
Post subject:  Re: Velocity Cars

am i GLAD you posted that... i was busy with a deal with Velocity Cars (Canal Walk).
and i cancelled the deal because it did not feel right , gut-feelings were mad at me so i listened to it , and i am glad i did.

Author:  GTurbz [ 03 Dec 2013, 10:13 ]
Post subject:  Re: Velocity Cars

That's a dodgy place bro.
They don't respond to any emails, calls & sms. When you go there, the owner "never" there.

Author:  cyberpuppy [ 08 Jan 2014, 12:00 ]
Post subject:  Re: Velocity Cars

The sad thing is that you can't trust any secondhand dealer unless you know them well. I bought my pride and joy from a certified GM G2 agent and even that didn't prevent me from having to replace a turbo within two months. And three months later, the polish came off and I could see all the deep scratches. The sad thing is that I went with the dealer because I didn't want to risk buying a dodgy car on Gumtree.

Author:  Corsa Addict [ 08 Jan 2014, 12:39 ]
Post subject:  Re: Velocity Cars

cyberpuppy wrote:
The sad thing is that you can't trust any secondhand dealer unless you know them well. I bought my pride and joy from a certified GM G2 agent and even that didn't prevent me from having to replace a turbo within two months. And three months later, the polish came off and I could see all the deep scratches. The sad thing is that I went with the dealer because I didn't want to risk buying a dodgy car on Gumtree.

But with the G2 cars, doesnt it come with a guarantee/check/something hence the g2 certified used vehicles thingy?

Did you go back & complain?

Author:  cyberpuppy [ 08 Jan 2014, 14:23 ]
Post subject:  Re: Velocity Cars

Corsa Addict wrote:
cyberpuppy wrote:
The sad thing is that you can't trust any secondhand dealer unless you know them well. I bought my pride and joy from a certified GM G2 agent and even that didn't prevent me from having to replace a turbo within two months. And three months later, the polish came off and I could see all the deep scratches. The sad thing is that I went with the dealer because I didn't want to risk buying a dodgy car on Gumtree.

But with the G2 cars, doesnt it come with a guarantee/check/something hence the g2 certified used vehicles thingy?

Did you go back & complain?


I did. They caught me out with a "selling on behalf of the manager's friend, so it's not really a G2". I was stupid for not paying attention. I then complained to GMSA and to GM international, but they don't care.

Author:  Corsa Addict [ 08 Jan 2014, 14:23 ]
Post subject:  Re: Velocity Cars

cyberpuppy wrote:
Corsa Addict wrote:
cyberpuppy wrote:
The sad thing is that you can't trust any secondhand dealer unless you know them well. I bought my pride and joy from a certified GM G2 agent and even that didn't prevent me from having to replace a turbo within two months. And three months later, the polish came off and I could see all the deep scratches. The sad thing is that I went with the dealer because I didn't want to risk buying a dodgy car on Gumtree.

But with the G2 cars, doesnt it come with a guarantee/check/something hence the g2 certified used vehicles thingy?

Did you go back & complain?


I did. They caught me out with a "selling on behalf of the manager's friend, so it's not really a G2". I was stupid for not paying attention. I then complained to GMSA and to GM international, but they don't care.

:thumbdown:

Author:  crispy boss [ 08 Jan 2014, 15:00 ]
Post subject:  Re: Velocity Cars

omw

Author:  GUMPTION [ 08 Jan 2014, 16:21 ]
Post subject:  Re: Velocity Cars

Im sure if you take legal action you could get your money back. CPA and Ombudsman are there for a reason...

Author:  Tino [ 08 Jan 2014, 22:00 ]
Post subject:  Re: Velocity Cars

K@k. Car was on their floor. You assumed they are selling it. Clear case of misrepresenting.

Author:  sterlingesterhuizen [ 09 Jan 2014, 06:43 ]
Post subject:  Re: Velocity Cars

Another reason why I'm gonna move away from opel.
Ek like die nuwe Opel mar GM vat g@t.

Author:  GUMPTION [ 09 Jan 2014, 09:43 ]
Post subject:  Re: Velocity Cars

Tino wrote:
K@k. Car was on their floor. You assumed they are selling it. Clear case of misrepresenting.


Yip, and if all else fails, go to the media, hello peter, facebook, etc...

Author:  cyberpuppy [ 09 Jan 2014, 10:31 ]
Post subject:  Re: Velocity Cars

GUMPTION wrote:
Tino wrote:
K@k. Car was on their floor. You assumed they are selling it. Clear case of misrepresenting.


Yip, and if all else fails, go to the media, hello peter, facebook, etc...


I am. Why do you think I shared the story on a forum dedicated to a GM brand? I love Opels. I own three. But I will not buy from GM ever again. I can get a car in the exact same condition on Gumtree or out of the AutoTrader for less.

Author:  crispy boss [ 09 Jan 2014, 10:39 ]
Post subject:  Re: Velocity Cars

sterlingesterhuizen wrote:
Another reason why I'm gonna move away from opel.
Ek like die nuwe Opel mar GM vat g@t.

:lolsign:

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC + 2 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/