Switch to full style
Good or Bad...post em' here
Post a reply

The Glass Lab (Tygervalley)

15 Jun 2012, 21:07

Wanted to replace my windscreen at Paarl Glass, but my broker referred me to this place where I didn't need to pay any excess. I would have paid R500 excess as Paarl Glass (even though I pay more on my monthly insurance premiums & 'bought off' my excess...with sound system & glass claims you still have to pay an excess amount :wack: )

Anyways...was a bit sceptical but I tried them out. The Glass Lab - approved Santam windscreen place apparently. Got there at 10h00, left at 12h10.

Not an original Opel windscreen, it has another name on it...but it has the tinting at top & the 'black edging' right around, like the original Opel windscreens.

Very good service & they work very neatly as well + they vacuumed the Ute as well :D

They situated at 265 Durban Rd, Tygervalley.

Re: The Glass Lab (Tygervalley)

16 Jun 2012, 09:20

Nice :thumbup:

My windscreen is cracked on both sides now at a certain angle the crack causes a very bright glow from the sun right into my eyes :fight:

Re: The Glass Lab (Tygervalley)

16 Jun 2012, 14:14

I will be checking this out, hopefully I can also get away without paying excess :duim:

Re: The Glass Lab (Tygervalley)

16 Jun 2012, 15:21

I'm 90% sure though, that you must be insured with Santam to not pay any excess when using this place.

Re: The Glass Lab (Tygervalley)

16 Jun 2012, 17:15

dammit :-(

I will check next week anyway, I will update here.

Re: The Glass Lab (Tygervalley)

18 Jun 2012, 13:41

They only work with Santam :thumbdown:

Re: The Glass Lab (Tygervalley)

23 Jun 2012, 18:25

http://www.facebook.com/#!/emergencyglassrepairs

Try Emergency Glass Repairs

And normaly u have to wait 3 houers for it to set! :duim:

Re: The Glass Lab (Tygervalley)

09 Jul 2012, 09:00

I noticed that the windscreen has a haze, a very light light green / blue, on it & now with this w/ends rain, it was pretty difficult to see through it.
Called Santam client care (cos' I received a letter from them to ask if I'm satisfied) & they said they will have to replace it, so I'm going through to Glass Lab this week to have them check it out. Roger from Glass Lab said that there should be no haze on it whatsoever. He offered that I go through to their branch in S/West but Tygervalley is closer for me.
I'm still very happy with their workmanship & service, it's now just this windscreen haze thats bothering me.

Re: The Glass Lab (Tygervalley)

16 Jul 2012, 10:37

Ok, so they replaced my windscreen on Fri, which is much better than the initial one they fitted (looks nicer as well with a black sticker / edging on the inside). No light green / blue haze on this one.
They guy explained that sometimes the packaging causes that but he said we should just replace it one time.
The rain still 'sticks' to it a bit, but I think I should get me that liquid that you spray on to let the water dripples slide off it.

Re: The Glass Lab (Tygervalley)

11 Aug 2012, 00:42

It there does NOT stand "Shatterproof" on the windscreen then its NOT a Genuine Shatterproof windscreen :thumbup: U get cheap screens Between R300 - R750 from China

Re: The Glass Lab (Tygervalley)

11 Aug 2012, 00:53

Image

Re: The Glass Lab (Tygervalley)

11 Aug 2012, 11:03

There is Shatterproof embossed on my windscreen. Santam will not fit cheapline windscreens.

Re: The Glass Lab (Tygervalley)

11 Aug 2012, 12:13

Corsa Addict wrote:There is Shatterproof embossed on my windscreen. Santam will not fit cheapline windscreens.


:thumbup:

Re: The Glass Lab (Tygervalley)

11 Aug 2012, 12:27

Just my 2c, I replaced both the Astra G and the kadett's windscreens with Furman glass in Montague drive. I dont have insurance so I paid R680 kadett and R750 astra. After PG in Bellville wanted R2900 for the Astra and right next door National Auto glass charged R1400 for the same car lol. So I was a little nervous using them but then I heard they have a contract with the SAP fittibg their windscreens. They all over SA with a factory in JHB. Operating in the glass business for more than a hundred years. And its shatterproof and SABS approved. They did a good job on both cars but they didnt vacuum. But Im happy with my choice. :thumbup:

Re: The Glass Lab (Tygervalley)

11 Aug 2012, 12:42

shujinko applied that liquid to my windscreen & now the water droplets just slide off...very nice

Re: The Glass Lab (Tygervalley)

12 Aug 2012, 23:02

If it does not say "shatterprufe" its not original :fight2:

Re: The Glass Lab (Tygervalley)

13 Aug 2012, 08:03

SasuKe1 wrote:If it does not say "shatterprufe" its not original :fight2:

This.
Post a reply