Hey guys,
I am looking to start building a portfolio of experience in building custom induction systems that is practical in theory– improves air intake velocity speed and density – and practical in design – easy to install/uninstall - with a top quality finish.
I did this set up for the OEM look but with the best possible performance. Here’s what I did to it.
Air box – Completely redesigned the bottom of the filter housing by closing off a section inside and adding a second cold air feed (50mm) for a smoother air flow through the air box. I removed the snorkel from the lid, filled away some of the grooves inside the lid for smoother airflow and on the outside for a unique look. The entire airbox was sanded down to a smooth finish, all rough edges and corners were smoothed.
Rubber air intake tube with IAT sensor – no changes by a good clean.
Throttle body – I stripped it down for a thorough clean. The flange was filled in a shape of a trumpet to open it from 57mm to 63mm. The rest of the bore was left standard size with 45mm butterfly. The inside including butterfly was polished – starting at 180grit and finishing at 320grit. The TPS was recalibrated using a voltmeter (0.6v at idle with butterfly closed and 4.6v at WOT)
All chrome parts were cleaned and polished, and the airbox and throttle was finished in high heat Matt black paint. I sold this with the K&N panel filter (had an old while laying around) to my buddy with a Corsa lite 1.4. It gave a noticeable difference in acceleration through the gears with a nice induction roar, purely because of the air flowing faster.
Hope you like my work! More pictures to follow
- Attachments
-

-

Last edited by
gsi8v on 20 May 2019, 20:29, edited 1 time in total.