15 Apr 2009, 21:40
Hi, I'm having a hard time trying to recover my system to factory settings. I pretty much messed up, I reinstalled Vista using the CD. I didnt go through the recovery manager. I still have the Recovery Partition on my PC as D: is there any way to be able to recover the system after my mistake ? Please advise.
_____________________
[url=http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showuser=150583]wholesale laptops
[/url]
15 Apr 2009, 23:36
ther is yes...
get recovery software
16 Apr 2009, 08:15
what kinda mistake u talking bout??
try system restore, should restore ur system 2an earlier time... ie. before ur "mistake"
16 Apr 2009, 08:17
All you have to do is, boot from the recovery partition, and follow those steps. your system should be fine after that
22 Apr 2009, 10:56
could there be a chance these methods mentioned in posts above would result in data loss?
30 Apr 2009, 11:27
Did you mean data loss on current partition C: yup when u go re-install the OS the info c: will be wiped out as the system will format the drive before re-installing the OS.
What brand are u using HP/Dell...
Alternatively u can copy the recovery s/ware from the c: drive on a different machine but the same make as yours, but you need to know what your doing though, its quite easy.
After copying that paste it on the desktop of your machine look for the .exe file run that it should give you the option to make a backup disc or re-install the OS from the D: drive...
08 May 2009, 19:55
so end of the day its still best to backup everything u want from the pc/laptop before doing any form of recovery
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.