Switch to full style
For sound advice!
Post a reply

Silly question!

27 Dec 2013, 00:16

I have recently installed my new frontloader, problem that I am having is letting it play without the ignition on as well as saving my settings when the sound settings has been set already... coz Ihave to set them each time I switch it on.. any help with this guys?

Re: Silly question!

27 Dec 2013, 08:18

The radio has 2 "power" cables: one runs from the battery, providing permanent power to save settings, etc.
The other is a power-on cable that normally runs to the ignition that switches on the radio when you turn the key.

From what you're describing both cables are connected to the ignition, or another power source that also loses power when you switch off the ignition - this is your one problem, i.e. losing settings.

Your other issue to let it permanently stay on without the key, you'll have to connect both cables to a permanent power source, e.g. directly to the battery. Make sure there's a fuse.

Re: Silly question!

27 Dec 2013, 14:46

Thanks will have a look at it now....

Re: Silly question!

27 Dec 2013, 15:17

What klonkie said.

Re: Silly question!

29 Dec 2013, 11:39

Problem solved! thanks guys :Germanflag:

Re: Silly question!

30 Dec 2013, 10:20

the-2boss wrote:Problem solved! thanks guys :Germanflag:


What was the problem?
How'd you fix it?

Re: Silly question!

30 Dec 2013, 17:43

the car still has its wires as per factory lay-out so I breached the memory wire (yellow) of the front loader to the power wire of the car and problem was solved I did change the fuses to new ones.

Re: Silly question!

31 Dec 2013, 07:24

:winkithumbs:
Post a reply