Opel Club Cape Town
https://www.opelclubforum.co.za/

Opel Corsa GSi 2020 - Windscreen Tint
https://www.opelclubforum.co.za/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30454
Page 1 of 1

Author:  MrsGreen [ 06 Oct 2020, 22:53 ]
Post subject:  Opel Corsa GSi 2020 - Windscreen Tint

Hi All!
Can anyone tell me if the new Corsa GSi has a tinted or film application on the windscreen?
Just bought the car and it is bloody hot with direct sunlight (even with our full tint side windows).
Considering getting Lluminar Airblue heat shield applied but worried about the “orange peel” affect and would appreciate any advice!
Thanks

Author:  Corsa Addict [ 07 Oct 2020, 08:21 ]
Post subject:  Re: Opel Corsa GSi 2020 - Windscreen Tint

I think it comes with tint

Best to make sure from the dealer you purchased it from

Author:  Klonkie [ 07 Oct 2020, 08:28 ]
Post subject:  Re: Opel Corsa GSi 2020 - Windscreen Tint

MrsGreen wrote:
Hi All!
Can anyone tell me if the new Corsa GSi has a tinted or film application on the windscreen?
Just bought the car and it is bloody hot with direct sunlight (even with our full tint side windows).
Considering getting Lluminar Airblue heat shield applied but worried about the “orange peel” affect and would appreciate any advice!
Thanks


hi, and welcome

Like CA said, the window glass of many modern cars are often already stained darker, while the windscreens are treated with anti-glare - that's the blue-ish shine you sometimes see on the windshield.

I wouldn't recommend that you tint your windshield. Bear in mind that this could affect visibility, especially when driving at night and the oncoming lights. Also, a good quality tint, paired with someone that knows what they're doing should not cause the orange peel you speak of. However, because of the vents directly below the windshield, blowing hot/cold air on the film directly, this could also impact on the durability of the film. In all honesty, I don't have any experience with this film, so I speak under correction, and wouldn't mind being proven wrong.

Also, a dark tint doesn't help that much for heat, but does protect your interior against fading and cracks, provides a decent amount of privacy, and in the case of (anti-) smash-and-grab film, a layer of extra security. Remember that dark colors attract heat and since the windows are all closed, there is no place for the heat to escape.

My suggestion, use a decent silver or white reflective screen on your windscreen, and where possible, crack open a window slightly. Works for me :)

... and oh, chat to your dealer and insurance before changing anything as this could affect warranty and your cover.

Author:  MrsGreen [ 07 Oct 2020, 09:18 ]
Post subject:  Re: Opel Corsa GSi 2020 - Windscreen Tint

Thanks so much for the feedback!
I will contact the dealership as soon as possible and double check.
My understanding from the company (SolarGuard) is that this is a clear film application that blocks out heat and UVA and UVB rays only.
There is not colour tint applied apparently but it is polarised.
I think I may err on the side of caution and just try get used to the panoramic roof (which I’ve not had before) and hopefully I will adjust to the added heat.
Thanks again!!

Author:  Klonkie [ 07 Oct 2020, 09:50 ]
Post subject:  Re: Opel Corsa GSi 2020 - Windscreen Tint

MrsGreen wrote:
Thanks so much for the feedback!
I will contact the dealership as soon as possible and double check.
My understanding from the company (SolarGuard) is that this is a clear film application that blocks out heat and UVA and UVB rays only.
There is not colour tint applied apparently but it is polarised.
I think I may err on the side of caution and just try get used to the panoramic roof (which I’ve not had before) and hopefully I will adjust to the added heat.
Thanks again!!


I didn't realise the GSI has a panoramic roof!
However, isn't there a screen you can close though?

Would like to see some pics please!

Author:  MrsGreen [ 07 Oct 2020, 18:36 ]
Post subject:  Re: Opel Corsa GSi 2020 - Windscreen Tint

My bad... it’s not an actual panoramic windscreen. It is just a long windscreen (compared to my previous vehicle).
I’m trying to attach pic but the size is too big. I will continue trying.

Attachments:
982B461C-5F6F-468A-99D1-A6705FF64773.jpeg
982B461C-5F6F-468A-99D1-A6705FF64773.jpeg [ 8.11 KiB | Viewed 18189 times ]

Author:  Corsa Addict [ 08 Oct 2020, 15:26 ]
Post subject:  Re: Opel Corsa GSi 2020 - Windscreen Tint

Looks very nice! 8)
You should come show it off at one of our events or hookups

Author:  MrsGreen [ 08 Oct 2020, 15:30 ]
Post subject:  Re: Opel Corsa GSi 2020 - Windscreen Tint

I’m still such a noob. I’ll check out the site a bit more and see if I can find the next event.

Author:  Corsa Addict [ 08 Oct 2020, 15:46 ]
Post subject:  Re: Opel Corsa GSi 2020 - Windscreen Tint

All the more reason for you to come "unnoob" yourself with your beautiful car :)

The next event will be posted in this week :thumbup:
You will receive an event email as well :thumbup: :thumbup:

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 2 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/