Switch to full style
Straight-forward questions? Straight-forward answers here..vehicle-related of course
Post a reply

C20XE or Z18XE?? please help

06 Jul 2014, 18:53

Hi guys. I'm new to this so I hope you guys may be able to assist me.

I'm looking to do a Superboss or Ecotec conversion to my Corsa B. Anyone know which one would be better, how much it will cost +- and where I can get it done?

Thanks guys
Last edited by Corsa Addict on 07 Jul 2014, 07:47, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic moved to 'Q&A'

Re: C20XE or Z18XE?? please help

06 Jul 2014, 19:53

Howzit Matthew. Check out my build thread that I'm busy with now. Having it done will be hella expensive. Believe me. You'll be looking at 45k for the Z18XE conversion at Goch & Cooper.

I would suggest you rather look at things from a different perspective. Start by knowing what you want, what you are willing to spend, then work your way from there. My build has quite a lot of info on the Z18XE build into my Corsa C. Go take a look there man. And you're on the right track already by being on this forum:mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?t=26607

Re: C20XE or Z18XE?? please help

06 Jul 2014, 21:27

Not gona tell him to first intro himself Viper?

Re: C20XE or Z18XE?? please help

06 Jul 2014, 21:38

B16 with leathers n aircon still give u carrots

Dude seriously - is it a daily drive or for track ? Cos r u just looking for the cruise ability or want something fast ? Cos honestly - just dropping in a standard xe or zxe won't make u happy

Re: C20XE or Z18XE?? please help

07 Jul 2014, 01:35

Hi guys, I'm Matthew Rosenberg and I'm an alcoholic (j.k). I'm 22 and I'm from Brackenfell. My hobbies include driving my car and playing FIFA!

Anyways, I kind of want the conversion because I'm tired of going up against other cars and losing. I found a second hand superboss motor going for R7500. Don't know if it'll be worth buying second hand but that's an option. I've seen a lot of videos on Corsa conversions and it really pulled my attention. My initial idea was to get the superboss engine but then someone told me I should rather get the Ecotec conversion. Eventually if I get this done I'd like to test my car out at killarney strip.

Only reason I would like this is because a lot of people tell me; "no use modifying 1400i', drop a bigger engine into the car"

I'm looking for advice.

Re: C20XE or Z18XE?? please help

07 Jul 2014, 07:53

U need about 30k for a conversion.

U say that supey motor is 7. Well u might have to rebuild unless u know the condition else it's another 10.
The. Gbox. Side shafts etc. New branch. New exhaust.

Ecotec fits on Gbox. Check vipers thread. There are little things u should save for

30k In Spares plus UR corsa could buy a faster car with more features. Just saying

Re: C20XE or Z18XE?? please help

07 Jul 2014, 07:56

You want a faster car?

You tired of going up against other cars & losing?

Rather sell & buy a faster car OR do minor mods on your 1400 & be content with that

My advice

Re: C20XE or Z18XE?? please help

07 Jul 2014, 10:34

Yep, buying a faster car always wins! (Modified cars are money-pits. Bottomless money-pits.)

Re: C20XE or Z18XE?? please help

07 Jul 2014, 10:37

Okay so the question is what mods could I do to a 1400 to make it faster. Someone told me I should perhaps do a C16xe conversion.

Re: C20XE or Z18XE?? please help

07 Jul 2014, 10:46

MatthewR wrote:Okay so the question is what mods could I do to a 1400 to make it faster. Someone told me I should perhaps do a C16xe conversion.


Branch, freeflow, cam, chip, maybe some headwork will give you a few kw's. But you'll be close to 10k by then if not more. Don't know if the C16XE conversion will be worth the money you spend versus the power you'll make.

Have you considered turbo?

Re: C20XE or Z18XE?? please help

07 Jul 2014, 10:59

Bolt on turbo kit...

Re: C20XE or Z18XE?? please help

07 Jul 2014, 11:02

CALIB(C20XE) wrote:Bolt on turbo kit...


+2

Bolt on kit for 1.4i will set you back about 12k. Will be pushing out about 110kwf.

Re: C20XE or Z18XE?? please help

07 Jul 2014, 11:21

Is a bolt on turbo reliable? And is it worth it?

Re: C20XE or Z18XE?? please help

07 Jul 2014, 11:24

a buddy of mine had it on his 1.4i corsa, he didnt come across any problems.
Spending 12k any other way wont give you those gains. So yes, worth it.

Re: C20XE or Z18XE?? please help

07 Jul 2014, 11:25

I don't see where boost will ever not be worth it :twisted:

Re: C20XE or Z18XE?? please help

07 Jul 2014, 11:30

Now you've given me some hope for my 1.4i. Anyone know where I can get it done?

Side note: Anyone know where I can get my original stickers from my car removed? (I haven't done it myself because I want it to look like it came out of the factory with no stickers on it).

Re: C20XE or Z18XE?? please help

07 Jul 2014, 11:36

Stickers are easy. Hairdryer and some elbowgrease with a little bit of care and polish afterwards. But I'd rather say google it :winkithumbs:

As for the turbo conversion. There's an oke on the white forum selling his. Straight bolt on.
http://www.opelownersforum.co.za/viewto ... =15&t=4958

Or you could go to G&C, KSD, I don't know. :dunno:

Re: C20XE or Z18XE?? please help

07 Jul 2014, 11:43

Any shop I can go to? I don't really trust second hand. Plus, I'm not so clued up in fitting things like that.

Re: C20XE or Z18XE?? please help

07 Jul 2014, 11:48

Go to Goch & Cooper, speak to Deon. Or go to KSD and speak to Karl. You could go to Koos Swanepoel, speak to Koos obviously.

Re: C20XE or Z18XE?? please help

07 Jul 2014, 12:02

Viper1350 wrote:Go to Goch & Cooper, speak to Deon. Or go to KSD and speak to Karl. You could go to Koos Swanepoel, speak to Koos obviously.


KSD is Koos Swanepoel
KS Motorsport is Karl
Post a reply